Channel your inner child (or feed a few actual ones) with these delicious retro treats from Pastry Chef Ann Moynihan. Her version of the classic little delights get a modern update from coconut and cardamom. Whip up a batch for your next potluck, bake sale or afternoon snack. An added bonus? They come together in no time.
- 1/4 cup extra virgin coconut oil
- 4 cups mini marshmallows
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cardamom
- pinch salt
- 5 cups rice cereal
- 1 cup shredded coconut, toasted
- Grease a 13 x 9 pan.
- In a large pot, over low heat, melt the coconut oil. Add the marshmallows and stir to melt. Add the cardamom and salt, then stir to incorporate.
- Remove from the heat and add the cereal. Stir to coat and then press into the prepared pan. Cool, cut and serve.