If there seems to be a surplus of zucchini in your garden or your fridge (or on your kitchen counter or in your CSA box – this time of year that stuff is everywhere), give this easy soup recipe from Chad Burns a try. Fresh, seasonal zucchini is blended with Greek yogurt, aromatic basil and dill, a dash of lemon juice, into a chilled soup that’s an ideal starter or side dish for a summer barbecue.
- 10 freshly picked small zucchini, cubed
- 1 bunch of dill, picked clean from stems
- 1 bunch of basil, picked clean from stems
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 quart low fat Greek yogurt
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Place all ingredients in Vita Mix or other high speed blender and puree until velvety smooth.
- Season to taste and chill in refrigerator for one hour before serving.