- 1 pound large shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon fennel pollen
- 1 lemon
- salt and pepper
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup good virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Toss the shrimp with the oil and the juice of the lemon, and season with fennel pollen, salt and pepper.
- Grill the shrimp over hot coals, turning once, until they are just cooked through.
- Chill the shrimp for at least 2 to 3 hours before serving with the aioli.
- Add the garlic and salt to a food processor or blender and process until smooth.
- Add the egg yolks and lemon juice, then pulse 3 or 4 times.
- Now with the machine running, slowly add the olive oil to the egg yolk mixture until thick.
- The aioli should be like thin mayonnaise. If it becomes too thick, you can add a little warm water, one teaspoon at a time.