Impress your friends and family with this delicious and rich, yet simple to make, chicken liver pate from Jeff Fournier. An easy and elegant way to begin an evening, this recipe is perfect to have in your repertoire now that the holiday season, and all the entertaining that comes along with it, is right around the corner.
- 10 chicken livers
- 5 red jalapenos, sliced with seeds
- 12 large shallots, sliced
- 1/2 bottle cream sherry
- 6 tablespoons cold butter, cut into 2 inch cubes
- Heat a large heavy-bottomed pot over high heat until very hot. Add the chicken livers and jalapenos, and sear, without stirring, for four minutes.
- Deglaze with the sherry and let cook for approximately four more minutes, until the livers are medium.
- Strain the livers reserving half the remaining liquid for the puree process.
- Puree the mixture in three batches immediately, and the pass the pate through a fine mesh sieve.
- Let the pate cool under refrigeration until set before serving.