- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 pound carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 sweet potato, thinly sliced
- 1 quart chicken or vegetable stock
- 3 tablespoons ginger, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup popping corn
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- salt to taste
- 4 tablespoons plain yogurt
- In soup pot, gently sweat the onion and carrot in the olive oil until soft. Add the potatoes, stock, salt and pepper, and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Then, add the ginger and lemon juice. Remove the soup from the pot and pour into a blender. Puree until smooth.
- Place the oil and popcorn kernels in a covered sauce pot and heat over medium-high heat, shaking, until all the kernels have popped.
- Then, place the popcorn in a bowl and toss with the curry, butter and salt to coat.
- Garnish each bowl of soup with a dollop of yogurt and some of the popcorn. Serve immediately.