Turn over a new leaf this September with this quick and refreshing salad from chef and restaurateur Will Gilson. The award-winning cooker, who owns and operates Puritan & Co. as well as The Lexington, Cafe Beatrice and Geppetto at Cambridge Crossing, starts with locally-grown Little Leaf Greens for a fresh and crispy base before adding creamy burrata, zippy pomegranate-soy dressing and thinly-sliced and toasted bread for an extra bit of crunch — and carbs (you don’t have to turn over all the new leaves at once).
- add pomegranate molasses, soy, lemon and olive oil to a blender and purée until combined. Set aside until ready to serve.
- In each of four shallow bowls, arrange the tomatoes, cut side up, and the greens in a single layer.
- Tear each burrata in half and place around the tomatoes and greens.
- Drizzle the dressing over the tomatoes, greens and burrata.
- Tear basil leaves to garnish, crack fresh pepper over everything, and finish with toasted bread.