- 2 cantaloupe melons, seeded peeled and chopped
- 2 cantaloupe melons, seeded, peeled, and cut into wide "ribbons"
- 2 cups champagne
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- Borage flowers
- Anise hyssops leaves*
- Chiffonade of anise hyssops
- wild strawberries
* Hyssop is any of a variety of herbs belonging to the mint family whose dark green leaves have a slightly bitter, minty flavor.
- Combine the chopped melon, champagne and granulated sugar in a food processor fitted with a metal blade. Puree until smooth.
- Strain the puree and set aside in the refrigerator.
- Line six small bowls with the cantaloupe "ribbons" and put in the refrigerator
- To serve, turn a cantaloupe "bowl" bottom-side-up into a soup bowl and arrange some cantaloupe "ribbons" around it. Spoon the soup around the cantaloupe pieces and garnish with Borage flowers, Anise hyssop, and strawberries.