- 6 duck legs
- 2 large white onions, diced
- 4 ribs of celery, diced
- 1 head of bok choy, 1 inch dice
- 2 red jalapenos, chopped
- 10 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons ginger, chopped
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 quart chicken stock
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 whole limes
- Season the duck legs well with salt and pepper and pan sear in a 6 quart heavy bottom stock pot. Once the legs are golden brown on each side, add the garlic and ginger, and sauté.
- After the ginger and garlic achieve a little color, add the onions and bok choy, and sauté for about 3 to 4 minutes longer. Add more salt and pepper if needed.
- Add the chicken stock and 2 quarts of water, then bring to a simmer. Simmer until the meat is about to fall off the duck legs, then remove them from the soup.
- Remove the meat from the deck legs and replace in the soup throwing away the bones. Check the seasoning, and serve soup in bowls with lime wedges, cilantro, and chopped jalapeno so that your guest can fix their soup as they wish.