Chances are you’ve already got your holiday menus planned. But you’ve still got to eat breakfast. Check out Mark McMann’s simple and delectable recipe for Brussels sprout and sweet potato hash and you’ll have yourself a hearty breakfast to keep you going through you’re sure-to-be-busy day. McMann suggests placing the cooked hash in a ceramic dish, cracking the eggs on top and cooking in a hot oven for a few minutes until just barely set. But you can cook your eggs however you love them most.
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and 1/4 inch diced
- 1/2 Spanish onion, minced
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, bottoms trimmed & leaves shredded
- 1/2 pound bacon, large diced
- 2 extra-large eggs
- In a cast iron pan, over medium heat, fry the bacon until just crisp. Then add the onion to the pan and cook for one minute. Next, toss in the potato cubes and the Brussels sprout leaves, and cook until the potatoes are a little crisp and the leaves wilted.
- Cook the eggs using your preferred method, and serve over the hash. Serve toast on the side to mop it all up.