- Heat a large saucepan over medium heat and add the olive oil. When the oil is hot, add the onion and cook until translucent, three to four minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook for an additional two minutes. Add the wine, sherry and broth and bring to a simmer.
- Remove from the heat and puree in a blender until smooth.
- Wipe out the saucepan and place it over medium-low heat. Melt the butter in the pan, and then add the morels, baby leeks and escargots.
- Cover the pan and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the pureed broth to the pan and bring to a simmer.
- Add the parsley, chives, thyme, nutmeg and lemon juice. Stir in the cream and bring back to a simmer for 1 minute. Season with salt and pepper and serve immediately.
Two ounces of dried, reconstituted morels can be substituted for fresh depending on seasonality. Wild ramps (24 bunches) may also be used in place of the leeks if available.