Take advantage of the last official week of the winter holiday season and make yourself a decadent plate of black truffle ricotta gnocchi with this delicious recipe from Jake Pease. Pease suggests you place the ricotta in a cheese cloth-lined strainer over a bowl in the fridge overnight in order to drain away the excess liquid.
- 1 egg
- 1 pound ricotta, drained
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon black truffle oil
- 3 tablespoons black truffles, shaved and chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place a large pot of water over high heat and bring to a boil.
- Meanwhile, being careful not to over-mix, combine all of the ingredients to create a dough. You can add up to 1/4 cup more flour if the dough is too sticky.
- On a lightly-floured surface, roll out the dough into a rope that is about 3/4 inch thick. Cut the dough into 1 inch pieces to form the gnocchi.
- Salt the boiling water and then drop the gnocchi into the pot. Cook the pasta until they rise to the top. Drain and serve.