- 1 whole black bass, filleted and portioned to 5 oz. pieces
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 5 frozen lobster bodies (available in most fish markets)
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 celery stock, chopped
- 2 carrots peeled and chopped
- 1 Potato, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup tomato paste
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup Brandy
- 1 Bouquet Garni (fennel seed, bay leaf, thyme, black peppercorn)
- 2 quarts water
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Sweat vegetables until tender in butter.
- Add lobster bodies and tomato paste and toast for 5 minutes.
- Add bouquet garni, white wine, and brandy and simmer to reduce by half.
- Add water to cover and simmer for 45 minutes. Strain and reduce by half again.
- When reduced, while at simmer, whisk in 2 tablespoons butter and 1/2 cup cream.
- Season fish with salt and pepper.
- Melt butter in hot pan being careful not to burn.
- Place fish in pan skin-side down. Cook for 5-7 minutes or until skin is crisp. Flip to finish for 1-2 minutes.