- 1 cup soaked dark red kidney beans
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 white onion, minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 3/4 cup walnuts, lightly toasted
- 3 tablespoons mixed chopped dill, mint and basil
- 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds
- Bring beans to a boil with onion and bay leaf. Simmer until tender.
- Drain well and discard bay leaf. Puree with salt, pepper, walnuts, 1 tablespoon of the chopped herbs, butter and chopped garlic.
- Season well and spread onto a small baking sheet, linedwith saran wrap. Cool completely.
- Sprinkle generously with pomegranate and remaining fresh herbs then roll into logs. Chill again before slicing
- Garnish with walnuts and pomegranate seeds.