Do not be fooled. A couple of cool days here and there does not mean the warm weather is completely behind us. Tuck away chef Kyle Ketchum’s refreshing recipe for ahi tuna poke (that’s Hawaiian for tartare) until the next time the temperatures rise, and you can whip it together in no time without having to turn on the oven.
- 5 ounces fresh ahi tuna, cubed
- 1 tablespoon wasabi oil
- 2 tablespoons ginger vinegar
- 1 ounce chiffonade of cilantro
- 2 ounces chopped chives to garnish
- 1/4 ripe avocado, diced small
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine the tuna, avocado, cilantro, and chives into a mixing bowl.
- Pour the wasabi oil and ginger vinegar over everything and toss carefully so as to not crush the avocados.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.