A sophisticated twist on the traditional Japanese Izakaya style of informal eating and drinking; co-founded by Rainer Becker and Arjun Waney in 2002, Zuma has 11 venues globally and 3 pop up locations. Featuring modern Japanese cuisine that is authentic but not traditional. The menu showcases a variety of dishes from its three kitchens: the main kitchen, the sushi counter and the robata grill.
They have an incredible opportunity for an experienced and charismatic professional to join their Private Events team as Events Sales Manager at their beautifully designed Back Bay location.
At least 2-3 years previous event sale & management experience in a similar high end, high volume restaurant environment is essential. Any applicant should have had exposure and experience of a wide range of high end luxury events, both planning and operationally, along with a rolodex of clients, corporate and social.
Attention to detail and a passionate personality are required to suit the vibrant style and atmosphere of the restaurant. Previous Boston Restaurant Private Event Sales experience is preferred.
The position offers the opportunity to further develop your career in one of the most highly regarded global restaurant collections.
This position’s primary responsibility is to build and maintain clients for an exclusive private dining room collection while building sales in a team environment. The position will also oversee all event booking, event sales outreach, planning, coordinating event details, and assisting in final execution working directly with clients.
- Handle all incoming event inquiries; must ensure follow up on the same business day
- Coordinate all administrative event details with client from inquiry to close including negotiating, executing proposals, contracts, credit card authorization forms, developing floor plans, and post event follow-up
- Coordinate all logistical event details from planning to execution, including site inspections, tastings, vendor meetings, COI paperwork, and day-of onsite client contact
- Responsible for BEOs, Menu Cards, Event Details, Itemized Bills, taking & logging deposits, managing specific client event needs, event administrative paper work, noting in reservation system, and keeping all information up to date for all departments.
- Must be flexible to work weekends and events as needed.
- Assist in maintaining Calendar to ensure it is up to date as possible for communication with other event planners.
- Work together with the Sommeliers to ensure that the wines for an event for available and in stock for the event
- Up selling with clients when confirming details for their upcoming event by upgrading menu items, selling Feature menu items or having the sommelier select wines to complement their menu
- Coordinate with Restaurant Operations Team (BOH & FOH) to ensure seamless execution of event
- Act as primary onsite contact to client at buy-outs; must be able to monitor the progress of the event and deal with diversions and uncertainties with cool, calm and collected demeanor while maintaining a successful event.
- Build and maintain client database to ensure repeat business by providing excellent guest service
- Individual outreach to establish key relationships with new corporate clients, high profile fashion houses, media, and destination management companies and drive sales in corporate and social sectors
- Consistently brainstorm and implement new marketing ideas to build business and sales
- Develop long-term event strategies that demonstrate continued evolution. To include, but not limited to, conducting industry research to identify new event opportunities and maintaining knowledge on local competitors
- Solicit and promote event business through cold-calling, existing relationships with local businesses and other cost-effective activities.
- Familiar with Tripleseat, Microsoft office suite, outlook, Sevenrooms, savant, and Tissl a plus.
How to Apply
- Please send resumes and cover letters to the email address below!
*Only qualified individuals being considered will be contacted for an interview.
* Competitive compensation with base salary and commission structure, they offer medical, dental & vision benefits on the 1st of the month after 30 days of employment for full time employees.