We are seeking passionate culinary professionals who are energetic, responsible and able to work in a customer service focused fast-paced environment.
Additional skills include the ability to multitask, work as a team, and service customers with a smile.
- Competitive pay
- Medical, Dental, and Vision plans available
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Benefits
- Life Insurance
- HSA and FSA Accounts
- PTO and Sick Time
- 401K with Matching Contribution
- MBTA discount
- And more!
Cook Major Duties & Responsibilities:
- Prepares and cooks to order foods requiring short and broader preparation time.
- May produce food and serve customers at an a la carte or may operate a grill station.
- Prepares food in accordance with current applicable federal, state and corporate standards, guidelines and regulations to ensure high-quality food service is provided.
- Provides the highest quality of service to customers at all times.
- Prepares foods by operating a variety of kitchen equipment to measure and mix ingredients, washing, peeling, cutting and shredding fruits and vegetables, and trimming and cutting meat, poultry or fish for culinary use.
- Attends all allergy and foodborne illness in-service training.
- Reports all accidents and injuries in a timely manner.
- Complies with all company safety and risk management policies and procedures.
- Washing dishes, glassware, flatware, pots and pans using dishwasher.
- Sanitizing and cleaning of the kitchen area; stainless, walls, and floors.
- Removal of all trash and recycling bins
- This position description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the associated with the position.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- Operational knowledge of hospitality equipment a plus
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Ability to work under pressure
- Accuracy and speed in executing assigned tasks
- Excellent understanding of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment and procedures
- Organizational skills are strongly preferred
- Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 20 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects
- Able to stand for an 8 hour shift
- ServSafe certified is a plus.
- Able to work a flexible schedule including days, evening, and weekends.
- Culinary Crew are required to prepare food while mindful of food allergies.
What are YOTEL people like?
- Pro-active with a ‘can do’ positive attitude
- Likes to be busy, always looking for the next task or goal to achieve
- Great attention to detail in everything that they do
- Sociable and confident with each other and our guests
- Friendly, warm and welcoming always
- Professional in their outlook, taking pride in their appearance, performance and reputation
- Takes responsibility for their actions and those of the wider team
- Like to own problems and find solutions for the benefit of the guests and teams alike