Boston’s Best Yellow Door Taqueria is in search of an Executive Chef to oversee all aspects of their expanding culinary operations currently based in Boston, MA.
They are looking for an organized, creative and passionate leader that is proficient in all aspects of food preparation, menu execution and new restaurant openings. The ideal candidate will have the ability to maintain complete control of multiple kitchens, produce consistent food quality and control budgeted labor and food costs.
- Plan and direct food preparation and culinary activities
- Modify/create/develop menus that meet quality standards
- Estimate food production requirements and food/labor costs
- Supervise kitchen staff’s activities
- Arrange for equipment purchases and repairs
- Recruit and manage kitchen staff
- Rectify arising problems or complaints
- Perform administrative duties
- Comply with sanitation regulations and safety standards
- Keep time and payroll records
- Maintain a positive and professional approach with coworkers and customers
- Proven working experience as an Executive Chef
- Excellent record of kitchen management
- Ability to spot and resolve problems efficiently
- Capable of delegating multiple tasks
- Communication and leadership skills
- Keep up with cooking trends and best practices
- Working knowledge of various computer software programs
- BS degree in Culinary science or related certificate
- State required certifications (allergy, food handling, anti-choking)
To apply, send resumes and cover letter to the email address below. References will be required.