DO YOU HAVE A PASSION, COMMITMENT & A LOVE FOR EXCEPTIONAL CUISINE?
The team at Yella on the Water takes pride in what they do and they take pride in the people who work for them. If you’re looking for a healthy, friendly work environment with a good work life balance, they are accepting applications by experienced & talented individuals with an innate drive to join their team. If this sounds like you, check out the open positions and apply below, or send an updated resume to the email address below. They’re looking for bartenders, bussers, hosts and cooks in addition to the server position below.
You own the entire dining experience! You have never met a stranger and make every guest feel welcome. You are bold and bright and always make sure everything is just right.
What you’ll do
You are the heart and soul of the restaurant. You do more than just know the menu and make recommendations; you are the one that provides the service that brings guests back time and time again. You are in the PEOPLE business and just happen to serve food.
- You know regulars by name and their preferences and needs.
- You make all guests feel comfortable and let them know you are there to personally take care of them.
- You set the dining pace and turn tables appropriately ensuring the guest’s meal is free from awkward lags but never rushed.
- Take food orders and enter them into the POS system.
- You learn the menu and wine list and can comfortably make recommendations to guests.
- Carry food and beverages to tables and can handle up to three plates at the same time without a tray.
- You can comfortably make change without using a calculator.
- Back up the busser and host when needed. In absence of the host, you greet customers at the door, take reservations and online orders, answer the phone and cash out take-out guests.
- Take ownership of guest requests, even if it is not about the restaurant, and see through to completion. Example: Directions or recommendations about the area.
- Sweep and mop floors; clean and stock restrooms.
- Perform opening or closing duties on assigned shift. Complete all side-work per shift.
- Polish glassware and silverware; roll silverware.
- Clean and sanitize high touch surfaces.
- Stock and re-stock take-out containers, salt and pepper shakers and other condiments as needed.
- Support other restaurant staff by assisting with other tasks to ensure that the dining areas are clean, stocked and prepared for guests.
What they need from you
You are passionate about food and service and thoroughly enjoy creating excellent experiences for guests. You have prior restaurant experience working in a fast-paced environment, and have good communication skills. You like being part of a team and you are courteous and friendly to others. You also don’t mind working weekends and holidays.
- You’re comfortable standing for long periods of time.
- You can walk briskly for long periods of time.
- You can reach, bend and stoop and lift and carry for short distances up to 30lbs on a regular, consistent basis.
- You are comfortable using the telephone and the RESY reservation system (with training).