The XOXO Bar & Restaurant is a brand new exciting establishment opening in Summer 2023. XOXO BAR is a new innovative concept which will be offering top of the line modern Japanese/American cuisine, fun and innovative creative cocktails, wine, beer & sake mixed with a fantastic experience and atmosphere in Chestnut Hill, MA. We are looking for an Assistant General Manager (AGM) to join the team.(Candidates with Prior Bar Managing “wine/sake Sommelier/experience a big plus) who will deliver high-quality management duties and motivate/lead our team to provide excellent customer service and satisfaction. Huge opportunity for growth in the Company.
For this role we are seeking a person who is dynamic, energetic and passionate about the Hospitality industry. We are looking for professional, ambitious, and highly motivated applicants. Management experience in a high-volume, full-service restaurant is required. Qualified candidates must have full availability and ideally possess a working knowledge of Reservation Platforms (Open Table, Resy, etc) and Toast and be SERV Safe/TIPS certified. Our focus is on professionalism and providing a superior customer experience. The ideal candidate will be responsible for managing the daily operations of the restaurant, including the selection, development and performance management of employees. In addition, they will oversee the inventory and ordering of food/beverage and other supplies, optimize profits and ensure that guests are satisfied with their dining experience. Easy Commute via Green Line (Chestnut Hill Stop) 5 min walk to the Restaurant.
- Act with integrity, honesty, and knowledge that promote the culture, values, and mission of XOXO Bar & Restaurant.
- Ensure that all guests feel welcome and are given responsive, professional, gracious service at all times
- Perform all aspects of the position with efficiency, respect, professionalism, teamwork, knowledge, patience, awareness, compassion, courtesy, and initiative.
- Understand the philosophies of management and its owners. Display consistent attention to detail and follow through with all XOXO Bar and our partner’s policies.
- Represent the restaurant professionally through effective communication, cooperation, and relationships with all business partners.
- Collaborate with the management team to create a culture and restaurant work environment based upon respect; foster opportunities for the team to learn, grow and develop their abilities.
- In partnership with the management staff, ensure that service standards are on par with all outside accreditation sources, including but not limited to: Zagat, Gayot, Mobil, AAA, Wine Spectator, and Michelin. Adhere to the service foundation and philosophies established by XoXo Bar & Restaurant.
- Understand all programs, procedures, standards, specifications, guidelines, and training protocols.
- Offer positive solutions to problems or issues and be a voice part of the decision-making team.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
The Assistant General Manager’s responsibilities span several departments, both internal and external to the restaurant, and are organized into the following categories:
- Dining Room/Bar Service
- HR & Labor
- Public Relations
- Financial Reporting
These job functions include but are not limited to the following duties: other duties may be assigned.
DINING ROOM SERVICE:
- Assist the General Manager and the Executive Chef in overseeing the day-to-day operation of the restaurant
- Write the weekly staff schedule. Schedule labor as an anticipated business activity requires while ensuring that all positions are staffed when and as needed and that labor cost objectives are met.
- Maintain a consistent level of business for the restaurant, ensuring that its budgeted targets are met
- Identify and manage all aspects pertinent to providing guests with the atmosphere standard set by management upon opening (lighting, music volume, crowd density, etc.)
- Conduct pre-shift meetings keeping staff informed about developments in the restaurant, the industry, and the future.
- Maintain Monthly management notes to establish guidelines for service and restaurant operations in the future.
- Conduct staff interviews and make recommendations for observations and hiring.
- Organize and lead staff training classes and food & wine seminars. Demonstrate commitment to making all the current staff and management better.
- Supervise Captains in their running of the dining room service.
- Oversee the Host department to ensure that the guest experience at the door meets restaurant standards and that guests are greeted warmly and with hospitality.
- Offer feedback to contribute to the Captains and Sommelier evaluations.
- Ensure continuous quality of service, operational effectiveness, and employee retention and satisfaction.
- Supervise guest/hourly employee interaction during service hours.
- Support Floor Manager, hostess, and floor staff in pre-opening responsibilities.
- Support FOH team in all aspects of dining room service.
- Code all liquor, beer, and restaurant-related invoices for correct payment.
- Ensure that all monthly liquor and beer transfers are accurate and up-to-date.
- Prepare a month-end accrual sheet for any uncounted invoices and credits.
- Prepare all financial reports for XoXo Bar & Restaurant Weekly Manager Meetings and monthly Profit & Loss reviews.
- Facilitate monthly Profit & Loss review meetings. Participate in owner’s P&L review.
- Complete online Daily Labor Summary and keep current with all applicable data.
- Provide food and beverage cost analysis as needed.
- Maintain effective costs based on historical cost percentages, sales, and profits.
- Assist with the writing of restaurant budget(s).
Type, format, and distribute all restaurant menus. Check for spelling, font, grammar, and content. Share the menu with other chefs and restaurants via email. Archive Menu Matrix. Proofread menus for all XoXo Bar & Restaurant when necessary.
- Supervise repairs and maintenance of the facility.
- Coordinate any meetings regarding Dining Room repairs, maintenance, or construction of XoXo Bar & Restaurant Development. Follow up as needed.
- Coordinate punch list for Dining Room cleanings and upgrades to the physical plant in concert with XoXo Bar & Restaurant Development.
- Facilitate and negotiate all maintenance contracts.
- Serve as primary liaison with all external maintenance agencies, city inspectors, etc.
- Fully understand and comply with all federal, state, county, and municipal regulations which pertain to health, safety, and labor requirements of the restaurant, employees, and guests.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Minimum 2-3 years of culinary service experience, preferably in a fine dining environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree and/or Culinary Degree preferred
- Excellent communication and organization skills. Ability to interact professionally and diplomatically with a variety of business partners.
- Fluency in Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel (Advanced ability), PowerPoint
- Prior experience with accounting software, POS systems, and payroll/HRIS systems.
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Paid training
To apply, please send your resume to the email provided below.