Wusong Road Tiki Bar is a love letter to tropical escapism and tropical drinks by Chef Jason Doo. Located on Mt. Auburn street in Harvard Square, Wusong Road is hidden away within the beautifully restored 100 year old historic Conductor’s Building–the first elevated train station in the USA. With just over 8,000 ft2, 160 seats, a first floor bar and lounge and second floor dining room Wusong Road is an escape from the bustling city streets outside.
Our menu takes riffs off old school American Chinese cuisine and the front of house hospitality team guides guests through our classical Tiki menu and modern rifts.
Our goal is to create a memorable experience through attentive service paired with affordable and and creative food and drink. As the Front of the House Leader, the Service Manager’s primary role is to guide and support our awesome staff, and to really set the stage for our guests and guide them through a carefully curated experience. The manager should provide a positive, upbeat presence for the guests and staff as well as directing and organizing smooth operations and services on a daily basis.
The Service Manager will be responsible for addressing guest concerns or requests while bringing any issues to the attention of the entire management team. The Service Manager must have a strong attention to detail, have excellent communication skills, be able to pick up social cues, and provide an excellent level of execution in a fast paced environment. The Manager will also be focused upon driving EBITA and ensuring the restaurant is operating at high efficiency (both labor and in COGS).
The Service Manager is required to have a full understanding of food knowledge, service operations and an interest in and knowledge of modern and classic tiki cocktails. The Service Manager should have a strong knowledge of Toast point of sale, be able to read a profit and loss sheet (or be willing to learn), have a general understanding of local liquor laws and the liabilities of running a restaurant.
Guest service satisfaction is our number one goal, and we aim to achieve that by fully understanding the food, beverage and operations of the restaurant. This position requires an understanding of health and sanitation and health standards.
Training Requirements (note, these may be acquired after employment):
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a TIPs training certification.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Massachusetts Allergen Awareness Certification.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Massachusetts Crowd Control Certification.
- Must be able to train staff on food and beverage product knowledge.
- Bilingual in Spanish and English preferred, but not necessary.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret documents, such as policy and procedure manuals, maintenance instructions, and other related documents.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries from other employees or guests.
- Conversational English required, but a second language is a plus.
- Ability to write clear instructions and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Ability to present information clearly and succinctly.