Wusong Road is a love letter to American Chinese cuisine and tropical drinks by Chef Jason Doo (Menton, Intercontinental, Fairmont, Woods Hill Table) and restaurateur Thomas Brush (Felipe’s, Crema Cafe, and Flat Patties). Located on Mt. Auburn street in Harvard Square, Wusong Road is located within the beautifully restored 100 year old historic Conductor’s Building–the first elevated train station in the USA. With just over 8,000 ft2, 160 seats, two full bars spread across two stories, a top of the line kitchen suite, and America’s first brick Peking duck oven taking center stage, Wusong Road is an escape from the bustling city street outside.
Our menu is rooted in traditional American Chinese cuisine where everything from dumplings to hand pulled noodles is made from scratch while the front of house hospitality team guides guests through our classical Tiki menu and modern rifts. Wusong Road is a minority owned business.
As a Back of the House team member your primary role is to be the main act after our service team has set the stage. Our goal is to create a memorable experience through attentive and efficient service paired with affordable and craveable food. You must have a strong attention to detail, be able to pick up social cues, and provide an excellent level of execution in a fast paced environment.
In Harvard square we will be creating dishes for both world leaders and those who are working to start their careers. That being said, back of the house staff must be willing to learn both classical and Chinese culinary techniques, have an interest in Chinese cuisine, and be able to meet strict HACCP, health and sanitation standards. When working with peers, the Back of House team members must always work with a focus always on guest service and satisfaction.
- Kitchen Porters: $15.00 to $16.00 / hr Starting
- Kitchen Prep Cooks: $16.00 to $17.00 / hr Starting
- Line Cooks: $17.00 to $19.00 / hr Starting
- Sous Chef: Base Salary $55,000.00 – $60,000.00 + COGS and Annual Bonus
- Paid training and tuition reimbursement for hospitality school (with minimum work requirement) through Gradify.
- Paid time off with indefinite accrual
- Choice of PPO Medical plan that fits your lifestyle and price point
- Reimbursement for ServeSafe and Massachusetts Allergen Awareness Exams
- 401(k) managed plan
- Restaurant and Partnership Restaurants reduced cost dining for Friends and Family
- Short- and Long-term disability insurance
- Employee bonus referral plan
- MBTA Perk T-Pass 50% match
- Parking through the Charles Hotel at 50% match, or 75% if you carpool.
- Full Open Book Management participation
- Annual Allowance for Work Shoes
Job Requirements, this includes, but is not limited to:
- Previous Restaurant Experience or Culinary School Experience preferred.
- Delivers and maintains a high level of hospitality satisfaction to all guests.
- Balances multiple priorities simultaneously and meets deadlines, often in stressful and high-pressure situations.
- Assist with the setup and breakdown of the Kitchen(s) and catering sites, both before and after each service.
- Maintains time/temperature logs for refrigeration
- Maintains temperature logs for dishmachines
- Maintains sanitation buckets
- Assists in Weekly inventory with manager on duty
- Routinely performs checks on employee lavatories, assists in cleaning as needed
- Cleans and maintains all kitchen equipment and tools.
- Cleans and polishes guest facing materials, including decorative items.
- Delivers beverage service in accordance with our hospitality standards and procedures.
- Where appropriate, assists with service of food to guests dining at the restaurant, lounge, or at the counter of the bar(s).
- Ensures kitchen team is set up for success for the next shift
- Responsible for ordering ingredients with the kitchen or manager on duty
- Communicates to his/her superior any difficulties, guest comments and other relevant information.
- Converses with Guests about food when prompted.
- Maintains stock rotation in refrigerated and dry storage areas.
- Adheres to stock control procedures
- Works with safety as a priority, and follows all restaurant safety standards.
- Maintains relevant knowledge of industry through continuing education and training.
- Perform any other job-related duties as assigned.
- Hospitality is the core of our restaurant, however in order to perform this job successfully, all applicants must:
- Outstanding organizational and interpersonal skills as well as excellent attention to detail.
Training Requirements (note, these may be acquired after employment):
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a ServeSafe training certification.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Massachusetts Allergen Awareness Certification.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Massachusetts Crowd Control Certification.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret documents, such as policy and procedure manuals, maintenance instructions, and other related documents with assistance and in any language..
- Ability to respond to common inquiries from other employees or guests or be able to direct them to a team member who can.
- Conversational English preferred, secondary language (Spanish or Chinese) is a plus.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by the Team Member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Essential responsibilities include moderate physical ability such as lift or maneuver at least fifty (50) pounds, and varied instances of standing/walking.
- Being able to briefly work in cold temperatures below thirty-two (32) degrees fahrenheit, including walk-in coolers and freezers.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. When on the kitchen floor or some back of house areas, the noise level increases.
Team members must be able to interact with internal and external guests in a professional manner. Due to the unpredictable nature of the hospitality/entertainment industry, Team Members must be able to work varying-schedules to reflect the business needs of the property.
Wusong Road is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Wusong Road does not discriminate against applicants or employees in regard to actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, gender (including gender identity or expression), pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, sexual orientation, marital status, domestic violence, sexual violence or stalking victim status, ancestry, national origin, alienage, age, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or predisposing genetic characteristic, or other protected status.
Apply via the email address provided below.