Wusong Road is a love letter to American Chinese cuisine and tropical drinks by Chef Jason Doo (Menton, Intercontinental, Fairmont, Woods Hill Table) and restaurateur Thomas Brush (Felipe’s, Crema Cafe, and Flat Patties). Located on Mt. Auburn street in Harvard Square, Wusong Road is located within the beautifully restored 100 year old historic Conductor’s Building–the first elevated train station in the USA. With just over 8,000 ft2, 160 seats, two full bars spread across two stories, a top of the line kitchen suite, and America’s first brick Peking duck oven taking center stage, Wusong Road is an escape from the bustling city street outside.
Our menu is rooted in traditional American Chinese cuisine where everything from dumplings to hand pulled noodles is made from scratch while the front of house hospitality team guides guests through our classical Tiki menu and modern rifts. Wusong Road is a minority owned business.
As a Front of the House team member your primary role is to set the stage for our guests and guide them through a carefully curated experience.Our goal is to create a memorable experience through attentive and efficient service paired with affordable and craveable food. You must have a strong attention to detail, be able to pick up social cues, and provide an excellent level of execution in a fast paced environment. Each position will have different responsibilities, all with the same goal or outcome, to provide a special and one of a kind experience for our guests.
- Paid time off with indefinite accrual
- Dental Plan
- Choice of PPO Medical plan that fits your lifestyle
- Paid training and tuition reimbursement for hospitality school and minimum work period
- If over the age of twenty (20): Partial Travel Reimbursement for ‘Tales of the Cocktail’
- If over the age of twenty (20): Partial Reimbursement for ‘Professional Spirits Exam’
- If over the age of twenty-one (21): Partial Reimbursement for ‘Introductory Sommelier’
- 401(k) plan
- Restaurant and Partner Restaurant reduced cost dining for Friends and Family
- Short- and Long-term disability insurance
- Employee bonus referral plan
- MBTA Perk T-Pass Discount
- Access to wholesale purchasing for disposable and consumable goods
Job Requirements, this includes, but is not limited to:
- No previous restaurant/bar experience required, but preferred
- Deliver and maintain a high level of hospitality satisfaction to all guests.
- Balances multiple priorities simultaneously and meets deadlines, including stressful and high-pressure situations.
- If over the age of seventeen (17): Assist with the setup and breakdown of the Bar(s)
- Assist with the setup and breakdown of the dining room, both before and after each service.
- If over the age of seventeen (17): Helps to prepare garnish(es) for beverage service.
- Assists with collection and transportation of dirty or soiled glassware, plateware and flatware.
- Polishes glassware for guests to enjoy.
- If over the age of seventeen (17): Cleans and maintains all bar equipment and tools.
- Cleans and polishes guest facing materials, including decorative items.
- Delivers beverage service in accordance with our hospitality standards and procedures.
- Where appropriate, assists with service of food to guests dining at the restaurant, lounge, or at the counter of the bar(s).
- Communicates to his/her superior any difficulties, guest comments and other relevant information.
- If over the age of seventeen (17): Up-sells and regularly replenishes beverages, while maintaining responsible alcohol service and following all Massachusetts and Federal laws.
- If over the age of seventeen (17): Converses with Guests about alcoholic beverages, advising the types and styles of beverage, taking beverage orders and serving beverages.
- If over the age of seventeen (17): Promotes, sells, makes and presents cocktails, mocktails and other beverages.
- Serves coffee and tea hot and at the correct temperature
- If over the age of seventeen (17): Complies with legal provisions of local liquor codes Assesses guest’s intoxication level and takes appropriate action as needed
- Monitors factors which interfere with the total experience of the guest, if over the age of seventeen (17): Maintains stock rotation in refrigerated and dry storage areas.
- Effectively operates the post-mix syrups bulk dispense system
- If over the age of seventeen (17): Operates the beer reticulation system
- Adheres to stock control procedures
- If over the age of seventeen (17): Professionally handles billing and payments, credit, house funds and shift hand over of bills in compliance with established policies and procedures
- Works with safety as a priority, and follows all restaurant safety standards.
- Maintains relevant knowledge of industry through continuing education and training.
- Routinely performs checks on guest lavatories, cleans lavatories as needed
- Perform any other job-related duties as assigned.
Hospitality is the core of our restaurant, however in order to perform this job successfully, all applicants must:
- Be Sixteen (16) years of age or above.
- Outstanding organizational and interpersonal skills as well as excellent attention to detail.
Training Requirements (note, these may be acquired after employment):
- If over the age of seventeen (17): Must be able to obtain and maintain a TIPs training certification.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Massachusetts Allergen Awareness Certification.
- If over the age of seventeen (17): Must be able to obtain and maintain a Massachusetts Crowd Control Certification.
- If over the age of seventeen (17): Ability to read, analyze, and interpret documents, such as policy and procedure manuals, maintenance instructions, and other related documents.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries from other employees or guests.
- Conversational English required, secondary language is a plus.
- Ability to write instructions.
- Ability to present information.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by the Team Member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Essential responsibilities include moderate physical ability such as lift or maneuver at least fifty (50) pounds, and varied instances of standing/walking.
- If over the age of seventeen (17): Being able to briefly work in cold temperatures below thirty-two (32) degrees fahrenheit, including walk-in coolers and freezers.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. When on the kitchen floor or some back of house areas, the noise level increases to loud.
Team members must be able to interact with internal and external guests in a professional manner. Due to the unpredictable nature of the hospitality/entertainment industry, Team Members must be able to work varying-schedules to reflect the business needs of the property.
Wusong Road is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. The Wusong Road does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.