Local restaurant group with a proven track record (Five Horses Tavern, Worden Hall, Elm St. Taproom) is looking for a talented and passionate executive chef to be part of a dynamic and creative culinary team at Worden Hall in South Boston. They are looking for the right person to make a name for themselves in a structured restaurant environment.
- Candidates must have a minimum of 3 years experience and a strong cooking background.
- Must have open availability.
- Candidate must have prior management experience in scratch kitchens, excellent cooking skills, and the ability to lead a team in a fast paced, quality driven setting.
- This position requires strong organizational skills, and attention to detail. Upbeat personality and sense of humor is essential. This is a salaried position with highly competitive compensation and benefits.
- Applicants should also work well under pressure, possess excellent communication skills in English and Spanish, be organized, flexible, and self-motivated.
The ideal candidate will have an understanding of both what tastes good and what looks good to the guest and is creative and can help develop menus and specials. Multiple menus including, brunch, lunch, dinner and specials. The ideal candidate must have integrity, strong work ethic, sense of urgency, and a passion for food. Candidates must be willing to work long and flexible hours and oversee a team in a fast paced environment.
Specifically, candidates must possess the following skills:
- Strong leadership skills
- Working knowledge of classic and modern American Cuisine
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written, ability to communicate in Spanish
- Even temperament with clean work habits and team building abilities are essential
- Hands-on experience with meats, fish, and poultry is helpful
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to train, direct, and motivate a diverse team
- Must be able to source and develop a talented team
- Ability to work well in a team oriented environment
- Working knowledge of profit & loss management
- Working knowledge of inventories, ordering and schedules
- Up-to-date ServSafe and MA Allergen Awareness certificates.
- References will be thoroughly checked