Woods Hill Table in Concord, an award winning farm focused restaurant, is opening up in the Boston Seaport. They are looking for an experienced sous chef to join their team, working under Chef Charlie Foster. Candidate must enjoy a fast paced kitchen and love working with their farm and local farmers.
About the Restaurant:
Woods Hill Table has been awarded the most environmentally sustainable restaurant in Massachusetts, and has been one of the states top-rated restaurants since 2015. Woods Hill is proud to be the only restaurant in Massachusetts that maintains a working 360 acre organic farm–The Farm at Woods Hill in Bath New Hampshire–where they raise many of the animals that they use in their restaurants. Additionally, in Boston, they will be continuing this philosophy on a larger stage, extending their program to include a deep seafood program reflecting their dedication to sourcing sustainably.
What they are looking for in a team member:
- 1+ year/s experience in a sous-chef or management role in a Chef driven restaurant or high paced Bistro setting
- Experience with maintaining food cost without loss of quality
- Someone who is able to prep, set up/break down stations
- Be able to prepare and cook food according to recipes, quality standards, and presentation standard
- Be able to lift 50 lbs without difficulty
Benefits they offer their team members
- Competitive Salary
- Contribution toward Blue Cross & Blue Shield Gold
- Trips and overnight stay their Inn on the Farm at Woods Hill
- Paid time off /Maternity leave/flex hours
- Discounts at all of their restaurant outlets
- Partial reimbursement for certifications and food-skill classes