The newly expanding restaurant group behind Woods Hill Table in Concord and Woods Hill at Pier 4 in the Boston Seaport is looking for a Pastry Chef. They are focused on creating sustainable, organic, and thoughtful cuisine, sourcing from their own 260 acre farm in addition to a multitude of local farmers.
They are looking for an individual committed to furthering their mission of serving nutritious, sustainable and delicious food through facilitating the growth of their already existing properties as well as aiding in their imminent expansion. The candidate for this position excels at identifying and solving problems independently, as well as training others to maintain quality standards.
They are an organization that believes in treating staff, guests, suppliers and the environment with equal importance. Respect for the product, as well as your coworkers is essential to succeeding in this position.
They offer competitive wages and eligibility for health insurance after 90 days.
- ServSafe Certified.
- Massachusetts Allergy Certified.
- At least 1 year prior Pastry Chef experience in a high-volume kitchen.
- At least 2 years prior plated dessert experience in an upscale dining restaurant.
- Experience in taking inventory, maintaining food cost, maintaining labor cost, accurate recipe creation, and maintaining proper HACCP logs.
- Strong knowledge of American ‘classic’ desserts and a broad knowledge of French pastry and baking techniques (batters, dough, tarts, mousse, cakes, ice creams, sorbets, cookies, and decorative work). Knowledge of creating and storing preserves.
- Ability to lead and teach others including apprentices and service staff.
- Participate in menu creation across multiple venues.
- Being highly organized.