Woods Hill Table in Concord Massachusetts is looking for a disciplined, hard-working, and experienced candidate for Chef de Cuisine to work with Executive Chef Charlie Foster. Candidate must enjoy a fast paced kitchen and love working with their farm and local farmers.
Woods Hill Table has been awarded the most environmentally sustainable restaurant in Massachusetts, and has been one of the state’s top-rated restaurants since 2015. With origins in historic Concord Massachusetts, Woods Hill is proud to be the only restaurant in Massachusetts that maintains a working 360 acre organic farm–The Farm at Woods Hill in Bath New Hampshire–where they raise their own heritage breed pigs, ducks, lamb, and much more.
The Kitchen at Woods Hill is a fast-paced environment where everything is prepared daily from scratch. While working very closely with their farm, the kitchen team learns about animal husbandry, whole animal butchery, charcuterie and sausage making, pasta making, fish fabrication, and much more.
They are dedicated to supporting the community, local farmers and team members through equitable work hours, fair compensation and a respectful team-oriented work environment.
What they are looking for in a team member:
- 2 to 5 years experience in a sous-chef or management role in a Chef driven restaurant or high paced Bistro setting
- Experience with maintaining food cost without loss of quality
- Experience in managing labor cost and overtime
- Experience with interfacing with health departments
- ServSafe Certified
- Familiarity with animal butchery
- Someone who can take direction while still acting autonomously.
- Has great communication–this is especially important with their farm as they must plan crop rotations and herd counts up to a year in advance.
- Someone who is able to prep, set up/break down stations; they expect the CDC to occasionally cover stations.
- Must be receptive to constructive criticism
- Be able to prepare and cook food according to recipes, quality standards, and presentation standard
Benefits they offer team members
- Competitive Salary
- Two consecutive days off
- Contribution toward Blue Cross & Blue Shield Gold
- Trips and overnight stay the Inn on the Farm at Woods Hill
- Paid time off /Maternity leave/flex hours
- Discounts at all of their Concord Restaurant Group outlets.
- Great family oriented work culture
- Partial reimbursement for certifications and food-skill classes
Apply via the email address provided below.