Woods Hill Pier 4 located in the Boston Seaport is looking for a disciplined, hard-working, and experienced candidate for Sous Chef / Executive Sous Chef to work with our Executive Chef Charlie Foster. Candidate must enjoy a fast paced kitchen and love working with our farm and local farmers.
Woods Hill Pier 4 is a sustainability focused high volume restaurant focused on producing an innovative, seasonally changing menu. Woods Hill Pier 4 is proud to be the only restaurant in Massachusetts that maintains a working 260 acre organic farm–The Farm at Woods Hill in Bath New Hampshire–where raise our own heritage breed pigs, ducks, lamb, and much more. Opening in November of 2019, Woods Hill Pier 4 has received numerous accolades for its cutting edge food, drinks and hospitality and is a vibrant, high energy waterfront restaurant.
The Kitchen at Woods Hill is a fast-paced environment where everything is prepared daily from scratch. While working very closely with our farm, the kitchen team learns about animal husbandry, whole animal butchery, charcuterie and sausage making, pasta making, fish fabrication, and much more.
We are dedicated to supporting our community, local farmers and our team members through equitable work hours, fair compensation and a respectful team oriented work environment.
What we are looking for in a team member:
- 2 to 5 years experience in a sous-chef or management role in a Chef driven restaurant or high paced Bistro setting
- Experience with maintaining food cost without loss of quality
- Experience in managing labor cost and overtime
- Experience with interfacing with health departments
- ServSafe Certified
- Someone who can take direction while still acting autonomously.
- Has great communication–this is especially important with our farm as we must plan crop rotations and herd counts up to a year in advance.
- Someone who is able to prep, set up/break down stations; we expect the CDCsous to occasionally cover stations.
- Must be receptive to constructive criticism
- Be able to prepare and cook food according to recipes, quality standards, and presentation standard
Benefits we offer our team members
- Competitive Salary
- Two consecutive days off
- Contribution toward Blue Cross & Blue Shield Gold
- Trips and overnight stay our Inn on the Farm at Woods Hill
- Paid time off /Maternity leave/flex hours
- Discounts at all of our Concord Restaurant Group outlets
- Great family oriented work culture
- Partial reimbursement for certifications and food-skill classes