Woods Hill Pier 4, an award winning organic restaurant located in the Boston Seaport, is seeking a General Manager who has an excellent record in hospitality and who thrives in a fast-paced service environment. The focus is on professionalism and providing a superior customer experience.
Ideal candidates will have a proven track record of leadership with demonstrable success in a volume oriented chef driven concept. They are seeking someone with great communication, a passion both for hospitality as well as environmental stewardship, and a willingness to build a rapport with guests and lead a team.
Duties / Certifications
- Four (4) years of service experience, with two consecutive (2) years in a Chef driven concept
- Directly supervising and managing all FOH staff
- Fostering and promoting a cooperative and respectful working climate, maximizing productivity and employee morale; leading the team using management practices that inspire, develop, and promote growth and consistency amongst all employees
- Ability to adhere to budget guidelines though effective management and creative solutions
- Ability to arbitrate and precisely record Tip and Wage disputes among Front of the House staff.
- Comfortable with handling cash, filling ledgers, deposits and handling employee receipts.
- Maintaining parstocks & performing inventory
- Develop & implement plans to teach staff service fundamentals and upkeep
- Direct performance of staff, motivate, maintain a cohesive team and follow up with corrections where needed; providing ongoing feedback to employees to create a culture of consistent hospitality standards
- Demonstrating ability to handle progressive discipline & coaching
- Continuously fostering company talent for all positions through empowerment and effective decision-making while developing a culture that attracts employees
- Ensuring that weekly payroll information is accurate and submitted on time
- Overseeing the cleanliness and proactive maintenance of all areas, including public space, employee work areas, and fixed machinery
- Organized both mentally and environmentally
- Having the ability to fairly discipline staff in an unbiased and consistent manner
- Being able to defuse situations and handle confrontational situations
- Ability to comfortably handle delicate situations including: harassment (from either a guest or a employee)
- Experience supervising and leading a team of at least 55 employees
- In depth knowledge of proper professional service techniques and dining room organization
- Ability to demonstrate leadership skills though consistency of work; inspires and motivates others to perform every day
- Ability to create and present verbal and written presentations
- Competitive salary
- Contribution towards Blue Cross and Blue Shield Gold Health Plan
- Participation in a Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Paid time off / Maternity leave / flex hours
- Discounts at all of the Concord Restaurant Group outlets