Waxy’s Pub Group in Lexington, MA is expanding their Management Team. They are currently seeking a talented and passion-driven Chef Manager for their high-volume restaurant that has the ability to create menus and motivate, inspire, train and lead the team to the highest level.
Candidates will be directly responsible for all kitchen functions including food purchasing, preparation and maintenance of quality standards, training of employees, portion, cost control, and health sanitation standards while having the ability to create and prepare new and exciting dishes and menu development. They’re looking for team players with positive attitudes and steady work history.
Scope of Responsibilities Include:
- Training kitchen staff in cooking/presentation/sanitation
- Inventory, food, and supply ordering, managing food and labor budgets
- Responsible for quality of products, and waste prevention.
- Ensures the highest quality product reaches guests and meets specifications.
- Responsible for labor control and assigning duties to supervisors and staff members.
- Coordinates catering/banquet functions
- Assists GM in all facets of BOH operations to include financial, forecasting, and recruiting.
Qualifications: Requirements Include:
- Two or more years of experience in a supervisory capacity within a high volume food and beverage environment
- Background in training and mentoring staff
- Demonstrated proficiency with budget management
- Hands-on manager
- Ability to work on busy, fast-paced line as part of a team
- Ability to complete a heavy workload and handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Must be able to effectively lead and develop other cooks
Preferred Skills Include:
- Experience planning menus and ordering all food and supplies
- Knowledge of food handling, preparation, service, and operation of all kitchen equipment
- Focus on quality and customer service
They offer a benefits package, a great work environment and pay will commensurate with experience. They are looking for candidates with a real passion for the business and a desire to learn and grow. Learn more about Waxy’s on their website.
Please respond to this posting with your resume.