Waverly Kitchen & Bar is looking for a hard working, enthusiastic, hands-on, team-oriented General Manager to lead our team! We are a small, high-volume neighborhood restaurant in Charlestown who serves upscale comfort food and creative cocktails, beer, and wine. We are open seven days a week for brunch and dinner. Ideal candidates have strong communication skills and decision making skills, model integrity and positive attitudes, demonstrate a sincere love for hospitality, and value working in a community.
Our General Manager will:
- Build and mentor a successful FOH management team
- Consistently drive the financial and operational success of the restaurant while bettering performance and margins
- Ensure standards and policies of the restaurant are being upheld and administer prompt, fair and consistent corrective action when necessary
- Lead daily restaurant operations, with a comprehensive view of the front of house teams and connectivity to the back of house teams
- Hire, train, develop and coach staff across FOH teams
- Write schedules for various departments that accurately reflect sales, business volume and employee skill set and aptitude
- Have the ability to understand and control labor costs
- Execute staff training programs, presenting training materials, training schedule, benchmarks, and active coaching on improvement
- Develop continuing education for FOH staff, covering food, beverage, community, and the larger restaurant industry as a whole
- Be guest facing, working in service, and creating meaningful guest experiences
- Collaborate with BOH leadership team on menu selection, special events, and weekly programming to maximize sales and ensure appropriate cost goals
- Be responsible for restaurant set-up, cleanliness, facilities, and maintenance, working with the management team across all departments
- Create initiatives related to sales growth, staffing, restaurant events and neighborhood engagement
- Order dry goods and restaurant supplies in an efficient manner with the goal of minimizing cost and waste
Candidates must be passionate about food and drink, prepared to coach and mentor a dynamic staff, excited to work within an active community, and experienced with working on a team. If this sounds like you, we’d love to meet you!
Benefits include fully covered individual health insurance (with a family health insurance option), life insurance, an option for dental insurance, paid time off, and lots of opportunity to learn and grow in an expanding company with new concepts opening this year. Competitive salary, based on experience plus profit sharing.
To apply, please send your resume to the email provided below.