*Both Full and Part Time Shifts Available. Up to $5k Sign on Bonus! Prorated if less than 40 hour shift
Walker Therapeutic and Educational Programs is seeking a full-time Cook to work on their Needham Campus. Under the direction of the Food Services Supervisor, the Cook will work in a small team setting preparing, cooking, cleaning and sanitizing food in order to provide meal service to the student/residential population. Successful candidates will have at least one (1) year of experience working in the food service industry and will be ServSafe certified preferred. If you are not ServSafe certified, we will cover the costs for your ServSafe certification.
- Supervise the culinary staff in the necessary aspects of maintaining food service to children in the absence of the Manager and Supervisor.
- Prepare food according to standardized recipes.
- Assure foods are prepared and served on schedule.
- Maintain accurate records for refrigerator and food temperatures.
- Calculate lunch slips and record meal counts in the absence of the Supervisor.
- Perform job duties in accordance with regulations regarding cleanliness safety and sanitation.
- Obtain feedback on dinner meals.
- Assist with orders, inventory and stock.
- Must be able to work in a team environment.
- Must be able to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing with colleagues and supervisors.
- Must be able to obtain ServSafe certification within three (3) months of employment.
- Must be able to lift 30lbs.
- Stand and walk for long periods of time.
- Ability to stretch, bend, squat and reach as required to perform essential functions of the job.
- Work in hot and cold environments.