Vincent’s is hiring a server.
The Server role is a multi-faceted position involving guest-facing tasks, stocking, light cleaning, and beverage related duties. This position is for friendly, dynamic individuals who enjoy working efficiently and are capable of multitasking with a positive attitude. There are generally 2 -3 Servers working each shift in addition to the service manager, a bartender, and support staff, so clear communication skills and ability to work well with others are musts. This position requires Friday and Sunday evening availability with the potential for additional shifts. With the start of patio service this spring, we are growing our staff with the intent of cross training as much as possible.
Responsibilities and Expectations:
We’re looking for a kind, reliable person who loves food and drinks and is ready to learn with us. As a server at Vincent’s, you will be expected to:
- Greet all guests entering the space and thank all guests leaving as well.
- Communicate respectfully and clearly with the service team, management, and guests at all levels.
- Engage management for any guest issue or complaint.
- Maintain cleanliness and organization around the restaurant.
- Provide knowledgeable, friendly and attentive, efficient, energetic, and thoughtful service at all times.
- Respond appropriately to any guest requests or issues by communicating effectively with the kitchen, FOH co-workers, or management.
- Support service team with ongoing table and floor maintenance, including, but not limited to: water service, polishing, clearing and cleaning tables and resetting tables with proper tableware.
- Additional service and/or operational tasks as determined by manager.
- Assist teammates to anticipate all other FOH needs.
- Have the ability to recite menu knowledge and run food and drink to tables.
- Receive instruction from multiple sources and prioritize tasks effectively.
- Stocking, organizing and preparing service related items.
- Be knowledgeable of the restaurant and its history.
- Adhere to grooming and dress code standards.
Skills & Requirements:
- A willingness to learn and get your hands dirty.
- Strong communication skills to build trusting relationships with peers and guests.
- The ability to stay positive and calm under pressure; Ability to demonstrate quick thinking and adaptability in a constantly changing environment.
- A strong work ethic and a desire to learn and grow; Receptive to constructive criticism and performance feedback.
- Warm, compassionate, and team-focused approach.
- A basic understanding of cooking, wine, beer, spirits, and cocktails.
- Previous on-the-job experience in a Front of House or Back of House role; Able to work in a standing/walking position for long periods of time.
- Restaurant experience in a high volume environment.
- Commitment: Six month commitment
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand for long periods of time; talk or hear; perform fine motor, hand and finger skills in the use of drink making, working the POS system, etc. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; and reach with arms and/or hands. Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- The physical demands for this position are seeing, hearing, speaking, reaching, lifting up to 50 pounds, standing for 5 to 10 hours, bending, and moving frequently during working hours. These physical requirements may be accomplished with or without reasonable accommodations.
Expected On-Call Shifts:
- Start time may be adjusted for special events. End time may be adjusted for business decline/volume.
- Health, Dental, and Voluntary Benefits Package available after 90 days for full time employees (25+ hrs/wk)
- Flexible Spending Options (health care, dependent care, transit & parking)
- Simple IRA + up to 3% Company Match: Invest in your retirement while lowering your taxable income
- Dining Programs: Enjoy up to a 50% discount at all restaurant locations, + Perks at Work: An employee discount program for services and products.
- Discounted Gym Membership: Located on the One Kendall Square campus
- Generous Employee Referral Program
- Career Mentorship and Growth Potential
Vincent’s is a modern American restaurant and bar. In the evenings we serve classically informed plates that feature local and carefully sourced American ingredients. Our beverage program is wine-focused with a strong backbone of modern cocktail bar sensibilities. Our style of service is warm, informed, and low-key. At brunch, we serve a light-hearted and satisfying “Texas roadside brunch” menu that has the dining room bustling on Saturday and Sunday mornings. Our offerings are always evolving, we rarely pour the same wines by the glass from one week to the next; our food menu changes with seasons, as the overwhelming majority of our produce comes from Drumlin, Verrill, and Land’s Sake farms; and our cocktail menu constantly changes as we discover new spirits, liqueurs, and homemade ingredients. There’s never a dull moment at Vincent’s!
We are committed to providing the best possible work environment and exemplary work practices for our employees. Daily, we work to nurture an inclusive workplace where all staff feel included, respected, and valued. We offer competitive wages as well as a meaningful benefits package, and we continue to make strides towards evolving our business practices to address some of the intrinsic injustices in the tipped model of the hospitality industry.
The Duties Of This Position May Change From Time To Time
Big Dipper Hospitality Group (BDHG) reserves the right to add or delete duties and responsibilities at the discretion of BDHG or its managers. This job description is intended to describe the general level of work being performed. It is not intended to be all-inclusive.
BDHG Is Proud To Be An Equal Opportunity Employer
It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees. We do not discriminate against applicants or employees in regard to actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, gender (including gender identity or expression), pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, sexual orientation, marital status, domestic violence, sexual violence or stalking victim status, ancestry, national origin, alienage, age, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or predisposing genetic characteristic, or other protected status.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $24.00 – $35.00 per hour
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Upscale casual restaurant
- Day shift
- Night shift
Weekly day range:
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Cambridge, MA 02141: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- Are you available to work Friday and Sunday evenings beginning at 4 PM?
- Restaurant experience: 1 year (Preferred)
- Night Shift (Required)
Work Location: One location