Vincent’s is hiring front of house staff!
This is a great multi-disciplinary opportunity for positive and hardworking person!
Their Front of House Staff Members perform a multi-faceted position involving guest-facing tasks, as well as grocery, food, bar, and beverage related duties. This position is for friendly, dynamic individuals who enjoy working efficiently and are capable of multitasking with a positive attitude. There is generally one Front of House Attendant working each shift in addition to the service manager, so clear communication skills and ability to work well with others are musts. As roles and responsibilities grow with the addition of patio service this spring, they will grow their staff with the intent of cross training as much as possible.
Benefits available to you include:
- Matched Simple IRA: A retirement plan to help you invest in your future – and you can take it with you when you leave. Any employee that has been with them for one year and has made at least $500 in that calendar year, is eligible to participate.
- Health Insurance: Big Dipper Hospitality Group offers a Harvard Pilgrim HMO health insurance policy to all full-time (30+ hr/wk) employees, paying half of monthly premium. After 60 days of employment, you become eligible to enroll in health insurance, which will take effect on or before your 90th day of employment.
- Perks at Work: An exclusive employee discount program for services and products. If you choose to enroll – you will receive access to hundreds of promotions as well as have the opportunity to opt in to weekly updates from Perks at Work via email
- Discounts: Throughout the BDHG family of restaurants
- Parking: Discounted rates at the One Kendall Square Garage
- Discounted Gym Membership: Conveniently located on the One Kendall Square campus
- Performance Evaluations: All employees will have performance evaluations to provide a stepping-stone for the employee and supervisor to: touch base about what’s going well and what needs improvement; clarify expectations and set goals; encourage career development. The schedule for these conversations relate to the start date of the employee and fits with their yearly activities.
- Growth Opportunity: Available for motivated employees who take initiative and exhibit leadership qualities, as well as a willingness to grow and learn. As a growing company, they provide opportunities to those who want to seek a new challenge in a different role or location.
Skills and Requirements:
- Be a source of positivity for coworkers with a “yes we can” attitude
- Work under pressure: When the going gets tough, the tough get going
- Ability to multitask and work efficiently
- Self-motivated and able to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Ability to take feedback and be collaborative
- Respectful and effective interpersonal skills and willingness to learn
- Positive work ethic and attitude
- Possess problem-solving capabilities and be resourceful
Also, It Is Preferred You Have Experience With:
- Distinct interest in food, beverage, and service
- Food and/or beverage service experience
- POS proficiency and cash handling experience
- Customer service experience
- Responsible and able to work independently
Check them out on instagram @vincents_corner_grocery
Vincent’s Corner Grocery began as a pop-up at Café du Pays in May of 2020. Café du Pays opened in summer of 2017 to critical acclaim, serving hearty French-Canadian and French-inspired food and thoughtfully curated drinks menus. Their professional yet casual, informed and unimposing style of service contributed to their recognition as Best New Restaurant of 2017 in Boston Magazine and by the editors of Eater Boston. They grew as a restaurant retaining much of their original staff until their COVID-19 related closure on March 15th of 2020. They reopened weeks later as Vincent’s, offering fresh vegetables, pantry staples, and prepared foods for their neighbors. Those offerings have now evolved into a small but thoughtful bottle shop with natural wine, craft beer, and bottled cocktails in addition to a takeout and delivery-oriented kitchen operation serving casual and delicious lunch and brunch as well as a more refined dinner menu. In the coming months they will resume on site patio dining and the concept of Vincent’s will take over the space permanently. Vincent’s is a New American restaurant whose tastes lean West. During the day they offer a café menu for takeout, delivery, and patio service including soups, salads, sandwiches, and small plates. At dinner they serve classically informed plates with local and carefully sourced ingredients. The beverage program is wine-focused with a strong backbone of modern cocktail bar sensibilities and craft beer. Their style of service is warm, informed, and low-key.
About Big Dipper Hospitality Group
Their staff is their family, and they are committed to providing the best possible work environment and exemplary work practices for their employees. Daily, they work to nurture an inclusive workplace where all staff feel included, respected, and valued. They employ a leadership team of which more than 50 percent are women and people of color. They offer competitive wages as well as a meaningful benefits package, and they continue to make strides towards evolving their business practices to address some of the intrinsic injustices in the tipped model of the hospitality industry.
BDHG Is Proud To Be An Equal Opportunity Employer
It is their policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees. They do not discriminate against applicants or employees in regard to actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, gender (including gender identity or expression), pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, sexual orientation, marital status, domestic violence, sexual violence or stalking victim status, ancestry, national origin, alienage, age, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or predisposing genetic characteristic, or other protected status.