We’re looking for someone to work with our service team as a back waiter/food runner. The candidate is a well-presented, engaging individual who will be excited to provide knowledgeable, approachable, efficient, energetic, and thoughtful service while upholding Vincent’s standards and values.
Responsibilities and Expectations:
- Assist servers with a daily set up and breakdown of the dining room and wait stations
- Assist in table maintenance, including but not limited to watering, clearing, crumbing, and silvering
- Run food to guests
- Bus and reset tables
- Maintain a basic understanding of the restaurants food offerings
- Recognize key people in the industry, VIP guests and contacts related to the company and follow company protocol related to their visit
- Communicate respectfully and clearly with service team and management
- Support team members in the completion of their duties to ensure satisfaction of all guests before, during, and after service
- Engage management for any guest issue or complaint
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of the wait stations
- Additional service and/or operational tasks as determined by manager
- Adhere to grooming and dress code standards
- Assist teammates to anticipate all other FOH needs
Skills and Requirements:
- A willingness to learn and get your hands dirty
- Strong communication skills to build trusting relationships with peers and guests
- A sense of urgency and strong work ethic to coordinate table management with the cycles of service for guests.
- The ability to stay positive and calm under pressure; Ability to demonstrate quick thinking and adaptability in a constantly changing environment
- A strong work ethic and a desire to learn and grow; Receptive to constructive criticism and performance feedback
- Warm, compassionate, and team-focused approach
- Previous on-the-job experience in a Front of House or Back of House role; Able to work in a standing/walking position for long periods of time
- Commitment: Six month commitment
- Education: Highschool or comparable
- Working Conditions: The back waiter should also expect to work mostly at night and at times outdoors
- The physical demands for this position are seeing, hearing, speaking, reaching, occasionally lifting up to 25 pounds, standing, for 4 to 8 hours, bending, and moving intermittently during working hours. These physical requirements may be accomplished with or without reasonable accommodations.
Expected On-Call Shifts:
- Start time may be adjusted for special events. End time may be adjusted for business decline/volume.
- Health, Dental, and Voluntary Benefits Package available after 90 days for full time employees (25+ hrs/wk)
- Flexible Spending Options (health care, dependent care, transit & parking)
- Simple IRA + up to 3% Company Match: Invest in your retirement while lowering your taxable income
- Dining Programs: Enjoy up to a 50% discount at all restaurant locations, + Perks at Work: An employee discount program for services and products.
- Discounted Gym Membership: Located on the One Kendall Square campus
- Generous Employee Referral Program
- Career Mentorship and Growth Potential
Vincent’s is a modern American restaurant and bar. In the evenings we serve classically informed plates that feature local and carefully sourced American ingredients. Our beverage program is wine-focused with a strong backbone of modern cocktail bar sensibilities. Our style of service is warm, informed, and low-key. At brunch, we serve a light-hearted and satisfying “Texas roadside brunch” menu that has the dining room bustling on Saturday and Sunday mornings. Our offerings are always evolving, we rarely pour the same wines by the glass from one week to the next; our food menu changes with seasons, as the overwhelming majority of our produce comes from Drumlin, Verrill, and Land’s Sake farms; and our cocktail menu constantly changes as we discover new spirits, liqueurs, and homemade ingredients. There’s never a dull moment at Vincent’s!
We are committed to providing the best possible work environment and exemplary work practices for our employees. Daily, we work to nurture an inclusive workplace where all staff feel included, respected, and valued. We offer competitive wages as well as a meaningful benefits package, and we continue to make strides towards evolving our business practices to address some of the intrinsic injustices in the tipped model of the hospitality industry.
The Duties Of This Position May Change From Time To Time
Big Dipper Hospitality Group (BDHG) reserves the right to add or delete duties and responsibilities at the discretion of BDHG or its managers. This job description is intended to describe the general level of work being performed. It is not intended to be all-inclusive.
BDHG Is Proud To Be An Equal Opportunity Employer
It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees. We do not discriminate against applicants or employees in regard to actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, gender (including gender identity or expression), pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, sexual orientation, marital status, domestic violence, sexual violence or stalking victim status, ancestry, national origin, alienage, age, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or predisposing genetic characteristic, or other protected status.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $20.00 – $24.00 per hour
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- 4 hour shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Morning shift
Weekly day range:
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate: Cambridge, MA 02141: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Work Location: One location