View Boston, which encompasses the top three floors of the Prudential Tower, features immersive experiential exhibits and a bistro on the 50th floor, an indoor/outdoor cocktail lounge with a 360-degree outdoor viewing deck on the 51st floor, and a double high (24-foot) indoor viewing space on the 52nd floor. The destination, designed with the adventurer in mind, was created to be an attraction that welcomes locals, and domestic and international visitors, being the ideal stop as they begin their Boston experience. Whether they are interested in discovering famed institutions and coveted hidden gems through immersive interactive experiences or meeting friends for a sunset cocktail – their unforgettable Bostonian experience starts here. www.viewboston.com
The purpose of the Catering Manager is to oversee the day-to-day catering operations at View Boston. This highly motivated professional will manage the back of house and front of house operations for the event spaces within the venue and will report directly to the General Manager of the Restaurant.
- Oversee and execute all View Boston events from load in, set up, execution, load out.
- Attend weekly BEO meetings and preconference meetings, proactively preparing for View Boston events two weeks out, ensuring all cross functional departments are aware and staffed appropriately for event attendees.
- Collaborate with venue technology team to ensure seamless AV for all event clients.
- Effectively communicate with catering partners, event sales managers, coordinators, staff and facilities team to deliver five-star service to all clients for events.
- Supervise catering partners, event coordinators, event staff and facilities team during all View Boston events.
- Direct back of house and front of house operations for all catered special events. Duties include executing staff assignments, creating service plans in conjunction with the culinary and catering partner departments.
- Monitor event equipment inventory reports submitted by Events team.
- Hire, train, and develop events team to include Event Bartenders, Servers, Barbacks, Bussers, & Runners.
- Provide on-going service training and coaching to ensure and maintain high levels of service.
- Conduct quarterly and annual special events service training.
- Train and identify key staff to serve as Event Captains.
- Monitor staff certification and create benchmarks for TABC and Food Safety training.
- Attend BEO meetings and preconference meetings.
- Responsible for maintaining and updating labor tracking report.
- Conduct monthly safety review sessions with conversion and banquet event staff.
- Responsible for ordering and maintaining event inventory as approved by Director of Marketing & Sales.
- Must be able to execute all special events as assigned.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Senior Leadership team.
To perform this job successfully, the candidate must be able to perform each essential duty above at the highest levels. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Five (5) years of experience in banquets hospitality management in a large volume event venue
- Skilled at fine dining service and full-service etiquette
- Proficient in Microsoft Office: Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint required.
- Must be able to work non-traditional shifts to include extended hours and flexible schedule, including early mornings, weekends, days, nights, and holidays.
- Current TABC and Food Handlers Certifications
- High School Diploma or GED
- Excellent customer service
- Strong interpersonal skills; can effectively communicate and relate to all levels within and outside the organization; create and build positive and productive relationships.
- Responds quickly and effectively to changing trends and circumstances; embraces change and welcomes fresh perspectives; learns from past mistakes and adjusts accordingly.
- Can manage people and resources to get projects completed; has a strong ability to multi-task and keep order.
- Ability to work independently and/or in a team environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to work well in high pressure situations and remain flexible during last minute changes and revisions.
- Ability to stand, sit, use of hands to handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms.
- Ability to lift and/ or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance
Competitive salary, commensurate with experience, and a generous benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, paid vacation, and 401k plan.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk, hear; use hands, and handle controls. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is required to stand, walk, and stoop. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Legends is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, or genetic information.
To apply, please send your resume to the email provided below.