Unique opportunity to work hand in hand with our current Executive Chef learning the position. Seeking individuals who are looking for that next step in their career.
Responsible for the development, training, and execution of our breakfast, lunch, and brunch menus, weekly entrée list, as well as corporate and full-service catering production. Actively learn the concepts and policies of vicki lee’s, and help management ensure these are carried out by all staff members. Being a clean and friendly work environment; we seek candidates who also possess these qualities, as well as being a vocal and motivating figure for professional development of co-workers and team members. Oversee and follow up on training of all savory staff to ensure each new employee, is given the tools for success.
Day-to-Day Performance Expectations:
- Keeping lines of communication open with management and shift leaders, and co-workers.
- Execute all menus and orders
- Assist in developing menu ideas
- Oversee kitchen in maintaining a clean and organized kitchen including work station, ovens, walk in/freezer, etc.
- Be vigilant with product quality; taste test sandwiches, components, check dates, monitor freshness
- Oversee the documentation of sanitation and food safety standards.
- Oversee inventory and its usage to help maintain proper COGS
- Be approachable for questions from all staff and work to find answers when not known.
Skills for Qualification:
- Minimum three years of chef management experience
- Eager to learn, energetic can-do attitude
- Performance that consistently demonstrates an active passion for food
- Open to feedback and committed to continuous improvement
- Experience coaching, training, and developing others
- Strong attention to detail
- Actively problem solves using sound judgment
- Effective time management and delegation skills
- Computer knowledge, comfort with email and google drive