Vesper is a private member owned family-oriented club edged on the banks of the Merrimack River. A refined yet inviting atmosphere that sets the standard for New England clubs. Vesper is rich in history and tradition, committed to providing a fun and inclusive country club experience for all members and guests. The club was established in 1875 and has 450 members. Vesper includes an 18-hole championship Donald Ross course, 4 tennis courts and a swimming pool with splash pad as well as a main clubhouse and golf house. The main clubhouse features multiple member dining areas, a 140-seat ballroom, and several private meeting rooms. The golf house includes men’s and ladies locker rooms, golf shop, and casual member dining space and bar. The club is open 6 days a week in season mid-April through October and limited days in off season. The club is closed for the month of January.
Vesper is seeking a motivated Sous Chef who is interested in further developing their culinary career while working in a fun environment with a great team. This individual will be responsible for assisting with all food preparation and execution for the club’s banquet and a la carte services while focusing on quality, consistency, and presentation. This individual will work closely with the Executive Sous Chef and Executive Chef to create a memorable dining experience for members and guests through creative menus and weekly specials.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Supervise and evaluate all kitchen personnel.
- Assist in developing menus for all food outlets at the Club.
- Evaluate food products and cooking techniques to ensure that quality standards are consistently attained.
- Create daily specials with the focus on New England seasonality.
- Develop standard recipes and techniques for food preparation and presentation to assure consistently high quality and to minimize food costs.
- Manage food production for a la carte dining and assist with banquet preparations as needed.
- Assist with the requisition of products and supplies for the department.
- Plan and manage the employee meal program for all departments.
- Attend staff pre-meals to help educate the service staff and further develop their culinary and menu knowledge.
- Interact with applicable food and beverage managers to assure that food production consistently exceeds the expectations of members and guests.
- Ensure high standards of sanitation, cleanliness and safety are always maintained throughout all kitchen areas.
- Establish controls to minimize food and supply waste.
- Establish and maintain a regular cleaning and maintenance schedule for all kitchen areas and equipment.
- Safeguard all food preparation employees by implementing training to increase their knowledge about safety, sanitation, and accident prevention principles.
- Undertake special projects as assigned by the Executive Sous Chef.
Education and Experience
- 2-3 years of culinary supervisory experience preferred.
Base Salary $60,000 – $70,000, plus year-end performance bonus
- $750 sign on bonus at 90 days
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance (70% paid by the club)
- Vacation/Sick/Holiday Pay
- 401K with Employer Match
- Holiday Bonus
- Cell Phone Allowance
- Association dues and education allowance
- Golf privileges
Please send cover letter and resume to the email provided below or send it to:
Vesper Country Club
185 Pawtucket Boulevard
Tyngsboro, MA 01879