UTEC’s Culinary Innovator / Chef is responsible for all kitchen and culinary enterprise operations. Duties include, staffing, inventory management, and menu and recipe development. The Chef will serve as a liaison between enterprise operations and nonprofit programming.
- Hiring, management, and continuous training of staff.
- Develop profitable and appropriate menus and recipes
- Create and maintain a culture of food safety and sanitation
- Assist in development and maintenance of ordering and inventory systems
- Maintain supplier relationships
- Facilitate successful execution of all catering jobs
- Maintain the highest standards regarding quality of all kitchen products and materials.
- Work standing for extended periods
- Some bending, stooping, and/or squatting
- Possible exposure to different temperatures and humidity levels
- Exposure to food allergens (peanuts, tree nuts, soy, fish, shellfish, wheat, eggs, milk)
- Ability to lift, carry, push, or pull weights of up to 60 pounds
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Culinary degree preferred
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Excellent written and verbal communicator
- Extensive experience in catering and casual restaurant service
- Menu and recipe development expertise
- Youth Work/Nonprofit experience preferred, but not required
- Able to work a flexible schedule based on the needs of the business, including nights, weekends and holidays as required.
COMPENSATION: Based on experience. Full benefits package including 3 weeks of vacation, paid holidays and sick/personal time, and partly-subsidized health and dental insurance.
HOW TO APPLY: Apply via email only. Please submit a cover letter and resume (Word or PDF files) with “Culinary Innovator application” in the subject line. No calls, please. Not all inquiries will receive a response.
ABOUT UTEC: UTEC’s promise is to ignite and nurture the ambition of their most disengaged young adults to trade violence and poverty for social and economic success. UTEC’s outcomes-focused model begins with intensive street outreach and correctional facility in-reach to meet proven-risk young people “where they are.” UTEC engages young adults in workforce development programs through their social enterprises and onsite alternative education, with long-term coaching and support services. Social justice and civic engagement are embedded in all programming. For more info, please visit www.utecinc.org