The University of Massachusetts Club is looking for a Food & Beverage Director. The club is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner 5 days per week and dinner on Saturdays. They have a beautiful modern facility that features a 14-seat bar with an accompanying soft seating lounge area that can accommodate upwards of 100 guests, a 95 seat Grille Room, and Banquet facilities for up to 450. The Club offers the best skyline views in the city of Boston. They are conveniently located on the 32nd floor of One Beacon Street.
Qualifications and Expectations:
- Tenure and development at an Executive level or minimum of five years’ experience as a Dining Room Manager at a quality private club, restaurant, hotel or resort.
- Looking for an energetic professional who is detail oriented with extensive food and beverage knowledge. This person must possess strong leadership and member relation skills.
Demonstrated Skill Base:
- Hands on dynamic leader with a proven track record of effective team building and staff development
- Possesses characteristics that command a presence in the dining room and event space
- Staff recruitment, training, scheduling and performance evaluation
- Communicate effectively with all other departments, reports directly to the General Manager
- Greet all members and guests of the club in an inviting and friendly manner
- Responsible for the accuracy of all daily F&B billing and end of day reports
- Oversee proper ordering and management of all dining room, banquet and beverage supplies/inventories to be consistently in line with monthly budgeted financials
- Use of Northstar Software, a plus
- Operational budgets, knowledge of beverage costs and profits, inventory control and purchasing methods
- Certified in and adheres to proper food and beverage storage, handling and sanitation (Serve Safe, allergen awareness and T.I.P.S.)
- Ability to multitask and delegate effectively during high volume in both events and dining
- Have the ability to create a cohesive working environment between the front and back of the house
Full-time, year-round salaried position. Compensation is commensurate with candidate qualifications. Typically, a 5-day work week with at least one weekend day off per week. A comprehensive benefits package to be offered consists of medical, dental, and STD. Paid holidays, sick/personal time, two week’s vacation (after completion of first year, as employee will need to accrue time). Must be available to work weekends and holidays.
Apply via the email address provided below.