The Union Club is currently seeking a full time Executive Sous Chef.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for the following:
- A la carte and banquet food production, with an emphasis on a la carte preparation and execution.
- Prepare soups, sauces and dressings.
- Well versed in garde-manger:
- Cheese and charcuterie platters
- Cold and hot hors d’oeuvres production and displays
- Cold and hot buffet displays
- Support the Executive Chef with banquet set-up, execution and breakdown.
- Assist the Executive Chef with the preparation and development of new menu items, theme dinners and daily specials.
- Ensure quality standards are maintained for restaurant and banquet food production.
- Supervise up to 6 staff along with dishwashing crew.
- Communicate effectively with service staff and management
The position is highly visible, working closely with other management staff to ensure a premier member experience resulting in 100% satisfaction. The successful candidate will possess excellent people skills for dealing with both members/guests and staff. Candidates must have at least two years in a similar position, preferably in a private club setting and can handle a flexible schedule. Serv Safe and allergen certified required.
Prefer candidate to be a member and/or certified with the American Culinary Federation. Knowledge of POS system and excel. Knowledge of wines and pairings. Knowledge of Spanish a plus.
Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications. Base salary, bonus program, health insurance after 90 days, vacation, sick time and personal time, 9 paid holidays. Monday-Friday schedule with most weekends off, 401K with employer match.