Ula Café, a long-time standing JP café, is seeking full time, experienced baristas/counter staff AND full time, experienced baker to join their team. We are a seasonally driven, from scratch café with emphasis on providing great food/drink while maintaining a professional, safe environment for our staff. Ideal candidates should have 2-3 years of experience in their respective roles with an eye for detail and willingness to learn and be self-motivating. We will work with our coffee roasters, New Harvest-Providence RI, to get the right person trained on our espresso machine and familiarize them with our unique coffee program. Bakers will work side-by-side with our co-owner/pastry chef daily.
- Maintain calmness during busy times (we are BUSY!) and provide great hospitality to our local community
- Willingness to learn. A self-motivated individual that is enthusiastic and has an appreciation for good eats and drinks
- Minimum of 6-month commitment. We are currently not accepting seasonal roles
Job Role Requirements include but are not limited to:
- We ask that you are available a minimum of 4 days a week. Weekend availability is a must
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50lbs
- Baker position will start early; 4-5am. Transportation is needed if living far from café
- Health, vision and dental insurance, 401(k), and PTO/sick time offered to FT employees
- Free meal and unlimited coffee and tea for every meal
- Staff discount for non-working employees
- Free trainings with New Harvest open to all employees
- FOH Base Pay: $13.50/hour + tips (tips are pooled; average $8-14/hour)
- BOH Base Pay: DOE, minimum start rate of $18/hour
Please provide a resume when responding to this ad! We will not consider applicants without a resume.