A New York Times “The Restaurant List 2022: 50 Places in America We’re Most Excited About Right Now” and Esquire “Best New Restaurants in America” TWELVE is looking for its next great General Manager!
The general manager position at Twelve is a salary-based position that oversees all the front-of-house employees and works closely with the Executive Chef of the restaurant. The GM is responsible for consistently providing restaurant guests with friendly, professional service and ensuring 100% guest satisfaction. This team member must oversee the front of house floor staff, ensuring that they abide by the policies and procedures of the restaurant. The General Manager will float during service time and open and close the restaurant as scheduled.
Housed in a waterfront historic 1840’s brick building, TWELVE is pure Maine – serving transportive, bold flavors evocative of the Maine landscape using a diverse mix of locally sourced & foraged ingredients. TWELVE channels Maine’s microseasons and the rhythmic cycles of Nature, providing our diners with a unique culinary experience both modern and familiar.
Key Duties/Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Restaurant Operations
- Serve as liaison during service between kitchen and dining room
- Assign stations to service team
- Take note and assist any weaker stations
- Ensure bar service is handled properly
- Conducts daily pre-meal meeting where service issues are discussed
- Ensure that needed supplies are on hand
- Execute special projects as assigned or needed
- Confirm that guests are being treated in a friendly and accommodating way
- Ensure that service is technically proficient
- Make certain that seating is done in a way to minimize guests having to wait while also maximizing covers.
- Monitor service team member appearance and take action as necessary
- Make sure that a manager is on the floor at all times
- React to any guest complaints and takes necessary action
- Handle guest correspondence as necessary
Profitability and Cost Control:
- Maintain budgeted labor costs. Controls overtime.
- Enforce beverage controls
- Coordinate and reconcile cash banks
- Assist chefs with tracking food and beverage costs as requested
- Ensure that monthly inventories are accurately performed
- Maintain linen controls, reduces usage whenever possible
- Track discounts and promotional parties on a monthly basis
- Monitor prices and revenue on a weekly basis
- Program the POS as needed
- Ensure that employees keep waste to a minimum
- Recruit and interview potential employees
- Schedule FOH team
- Oversee FOH training to ensure adherence to quality, processes, and procedures
- Conduct periodic meetings to increase communication
- Process hiring information; introduce employee manual, properly orient new employees
- Ensure that all employee benefits and meals are consistently applied
- Recognize the importance of employee morale and help to maintain it
- Deal with any conflicts regarding staff with Human Resources
- Handle discipline as needed with Human Resources
- Monitor periodic maintenance schedule for all equipment
- Conduct monthly sanitation inspection with Executive Chef
- Work with Chef and cooks to maintain kitchen equipment
- Monitor appearance of dining room and take corrective action
- Extensive knowledge of Maine cuisine and wines
- Five years of service experience with at least 3 in management, preferably in fine dining
- Proficiency in POS and reporting software
- Actively practice food safety procedures
- Able to train and motivate team
- Organizational skills
- Effective time management
- Pleasant demeanor
- Positive and clear written and oral communication skills
- Ability to engage guests successfully and build a relationship
- Impeccable grooming as defined by management and dress code
- Passion for people, food, beverage, and hospitality
No job description for a position can possibly include all duties which may be requested or needed by the Company in order to fulfill the intention of the position. The objective of all positions is to proactively ensure job performance is being done comprehensively. The items listed above are a summary of the major responsibilities of the position that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To apply, please send your resume to the email provided below.