True West Brewery has an opening for a line cook. This is an immediate opportunity with excellent pay, commensurate with your experience and personality for kitchen professionals with a high standard of quality and guest satisfaction. True West Brewery, a family owned restaurant and 10bbl solar-powered brewery in Acton, MA is seeking Line Cooks to facilitate all food preparations which may involve a variety of cooking stations and the maintenance of cooking equipment. The ideal candidate has passion and enthusiasm creating fun pub food. Line cooks are team players and are comfortable keeping an open communication with all kitchen staff to ensure all necessary kitchen operations are being conducted efficiently. He/she should be able to facilitate other stations, and maintain health and sanitation standards.
Applicants must be able to execute skilled prep and cooking in all stations.
- Prepare and cook all menu items, which pertain to the cooking line and other responsible stations, according to restaurant standards and policies.
- Ensure that all food orders are being completed correctly, taking into account food allergies, dietary restrictions and special requests.
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of work stations.
- Communicate with chef the quality and preparation of food product.
- Maintain and expand knowledge of basic cooking techniques.
- 1 year experience or training as a Line Cook in a restaurant.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including nights, weekends, and holidays in addition to normal business hours.
- Possess exceptional communication skills, an ability to represent the restaurant, and themselves in an appropriate manner.
- Maintain a profession work environment along with appearance.
- Have understanding of food handling procedures, but a passion to learn more.
- Must be able to multitask, especially during peak hours and assist other stations when necessary.
- Must be skilled in all stations.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
COVID-19 considerations: All governmental and CDC COVID restrictions and practices followed.