Toro in the South End is looking for a Bar Manager!
Award winning chefs Ken Oringer and Jamie Bissonnette’s renowned tapas bar has been at the forefront of Boston’s dining scene for over a decade. As a standard bearer for the dynamic culinary traditions in the south end, Toro’s beverage program remains a reflection of the passion of these two dynamic chefs, and they are looking for the right person to deliver that passion to their loyal neighborhood clientele.
The right candidate will have a passion for all things food and drink, a drive to constantly learn and grow, while also teaching an eager staff. The job requires a maintenance of a fun atmosphere while still upholding an extremely high standard of quality.
Responsibilities of the Bar Manager position include but are not limited to:
- Working regular shifts behind the bar with the team, getting to know the clientele and providing a shining example of exemplary service.
- Maintaining and rotating bar stock, while keeping a keen eye on appropriate pars.
- Consistently updating the beverage menu to keep up with season and staying interesting, while keeping on brand.
- Displaying a passion for all things beverage, with specific focus on agave, gin, and fortified wines.
- Mentor the bar staff and front of house team to develop an extensive beverage vocabulary.
This is an incredible opportunity to join one of the best respected restaurant groups in Boston. If you are the right fit for the job, please send your resume and cover letter to the email address below.