The team loves what they do – and it shows! Time Out Market is the division of Time Out that brings their food and cultural experiences to life for their guests, readers and clients.
Their Floor Managers take the lead in ensuring that the best of the city under one roof provides each of their guests and team members a memorable experience with each visit.
- Maintain the highest standards of food and beverage quality, guest service, cost control and consistency in accordance with company’s expectations, while maintaining compliance with city, state and federal laws
- Focus on succession management, training and, development of all Market employees
- Delegate responsibility to the management team as needed and enforce existing policies consistently
- Oversee and participate in the hiring, training, supervision management, coaching, counseling and evaluation of all members of the Market team
- Promotes organization in industry, manufacturing and/or trade associations
- Work closely with the General Manager, Public Relations and Marketing teams on plans that result in optimum recognition and maximizing number of covers for the Market
- Protect and enhance the value of all Market assets through appropriate programs in maintenance, security, housekeeping and through the capital budgeting process alongside with the General Manager
- Process the weekly schedule and payroll for the hourly staff
- Conduct pre-shift meetings and assist team members with any inquiries
- Develop and implement operating standards, policies and procedures to be followed by the management team
- Assign and instruct the employees in details of their work. Observe performance and encourage improvement where necessary. Ensure that the performance appraisal tools are being utilized consistently and effectively
- Operate with an open-door policy, listen to and understand requests of the team, respond with appropriate actions and provide accurate information
- Ensure proper inventory levels are maintained for facilitating proper restaurant operations, establish and enforce strict inventory controls, and participate in monthly inventory reconciliations in conjunction with the purchasing and finance teams
- Make decision and take actions based on previous experience and good judgment, revising procedures as needed to accommodate unusual situations
- Interact with all department personnel, Market and vendor staff as needed
- Ensure inventory levels are maintained for facilitating proper restaurant operations, enforce strict inventory controls, and participate in monthly inventory reconciliations in conjunction with the Purchasing and Finance team
- Ensure that no members of staff are permitted to work if they are not suitably dressed or groomed
- Develop and implement cost saving and profit enhancement measures
- Maintain positive and professional relations with vendors. Manage interaction of vendors on property with their staff
- Create and execute action plans for any areas that need improvement or are in a critical situation
- Maximize restaurant profitability; monitor the use of controls to ensure they remain effective
- Monitor labor costs and monitor the restaurant’s budget to ensure efficient operations, including achieving budgeted revenue and labor expenses are being met
- Monitor guest satisfaction on all levels, including social media platforms
- Ensure health, safety and sanitation requirements are in compliance with Department of Health, OSHA and any city or state agencies and ensure all managers are aware of any changes in the law
- Participate in the development of the annual budget for the entire restaurant; develop short and long term financial operating plans
- Participate in community events and ensure corporate social responsibility goals of venue are met
- Maintain a professional, neat and well-groomed appearance adhering to Company standards
Company Overview – Time Out Market
Time Out Market – part of Time Out Group plc – is bringing the best of the city together under one roof: its best restaurants, bars and cultural experiences, based on the editorial curation Time Out has always been known for. The world’s first food and cultural market experience based wholly on editorial curation, Time Out Market captures decades of local knowledge, independent reviews and expert opinions. Everything that is being offered in Time Out Market must have been reviewed with four or five stars, and not one star less, by independent Time Out journalists.
The first Time Out Market opened in 2014 in a historic market hall in Lisbon and quickly turned into a huge success; with 3.6 million visitors in 2017 it is Portugal’s most popular attraction. This unique format, which is all about making high-quality fine food affordable and accessible for all, is now coming to other great cities around the world. The Group has seven new sites in the pipeline: New Time Out Markets are set to open in Miami, New York, Boston, Chicago and Montreal in 2019 and in Prague and London-Waterloo in 2021 – all featuring the cities’ best and most celebrated chefs, restaurateurs, drinks and cultural experiences.