At Island Creek Oysters we grow thriving coastal communities in New England and beyond. Through innovation and education, we create opportunities to connect people with groundbreaking seafood products and experiences.
The Winsor House is an exciting restaurant furthering the Island Creek guest experience and community growth at our farm and HQ on the Duxbury waterfront.
This restaurant team will work with world-class seafood, local purveyors and the ICO team to create a one of a kind restaurant. We work hard, we value one another, we hang out, we dig deep, we do what we love–we have FUN.
The Winsor House captures the Best of both Worlds: City-level restaurant on the coast 45 mins outside the city
Join our community of farmers, wholesale company staff, and hospitality vets here at our HQ
- Reverse commute from the city
- Close to route 3
- Earlier closing time
- Veteran management and culinary team
- Private beach access on site, staff paddleboards
All ICO team members have access to great pay, onsite parking, free oysters, and merch. We offer full time and part time schedules, great benefits packages for full time staff, and the opportunity to grow professionally in the ICO community.
We look forward to meeting you!
Island Creek Oysters (ICO), headquartered in Duxbury, MA, is a mission-based brand engaged in promoting the development of aquaculture’s role in our food systems—locally and globally. Quite simply, we grow thriving coastal communities. Through innovation and education, we create opportunities to connect people with boundary-pushing seafood products. We live by our core values. We work hard and have fun doing it. We believe in what we do. We say thank you. We don’t take ourselves too seriously. We aspire to make Duxbury proud in all we do. And we hold true to the idea that everybody wins when we live and breathe these values each and every day. With a focus on growth, there has never been a better time to join Island Creek Oysters and be extraordinary with us!
Island Creek Oysters is a multi-platform farm-to-table business. At its core, it is a group of people who love oysters. It is a small group of talented, and highly motivated individuals who come to work every day excited to shape the destiny of a growing business.
The Sous Chef of the Winsor House reports directly to the Executive Chef
Pros Only LLC oversees Island Creek Oysters on premise guest experiences. The Raw Bar at Island Creek Oyster Farm is our beautiful scenic patio on Duxbury Bay. It is home to our oyster farm and now an outdoor destination location serving the oysters we grow, craft beer, great wine and a whole lot more all in a casual environment steps from our farm. Fall 2021 will welcome an indoor year round space and retail market. This is and will continue to be the anchor point for welcoming guests onto our farm property, the heart of our business, and the core of what we do.
The newly acquired Winsor House is a full service dining destination located across the street from the main ICO campus, highlighting the bounty of Duxbury Bay and the Island Creek way of life. Our onsite hospitality outlets are a reflection of who we are, where we come from, and how we see the future.
The job requires the ability to manage daily culinary operations for the Winsor House. There must be a keen eye to chaos management and kitchen operations, with poise and resourcefulness. This position requires keeping cool under pressure while managing a dynamic space and kitchen team. This role requires high level organizational skills, the ability to juggle a wide variety of tasks, and the ability to not only be an effective manager, but a team leader. The candidate must be committed to curating a positive kitchen team culture and be a willing and enthusiastic member of a close knit leadership team. This position will work with the Executive Chef, Consulting Chef and the Director of Hospitality on important KPIs and business metrics such as food cost, labor cost, menu development and facilities management.
- Ability to execute an authentic menu for the Winsor House reflective of ICO mission & values
- Oversee daily kitchen operations, working in service 4-5 shifts per week
- Hire, develop, coach and fire team members, making best use of all available resources
- Schedule BOH team bi-weekly
- Manage food and labor costs, with support from Consulting Chef + Director of Hospitality
- Complete ordering and inventory
- Oversee culinary staff team training
- Oversee food preparation, as part of a commissary program, serving Winsor House + Raw Bar
- Uphold all food safety requirements
- Maintain / renew all necessary food service certifications
- Coordinate maintenance on BOH equipment
- Support culinary photoshoots
- Contribute to creation of menu, continued development and seasonal menu changes
- Extend to Raw Bars for support on menu execution, as needed
- Oversee culinary execution for onsite events at the Winsor House
- Work collaboratively with Pros Management Team for the global good
We believe in personal and professional growth at Island Creek. Change and agility are parts of everyday life here. Every position is fluid and we believe the right person can grow to do amazing things. Yearly and quarterly reviews will help guide this process.
Compensation will be negotiated with the candidate and includes health and retirement benefits, cell phone plan, short and long term disability insurance, and free oysters.
- 3+ years previous culinary experience
- Passion, innovation, and adaptability with a balance of ego and humility
- A creative mind that can also manage labor & food costs effectively
- Someone who can own their sphere of influence but also a consummate team player Ability to manage team of kitchen personnel while fostering a healthy and supportive work environment Acknowledgement of an intense summer schedule with lighter shoulder season workload
- Strategic thinking and creative problem solving skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- A willingness to do whatever it takes to accomplish the job at hand
- Highest level attention to detail/ organizational skills
- Upbeat, resilient personality
- Ability to adapt to change
**Island Creek is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of anything other than your ability to be the best possible performer in the role outlined above and to be a positive addition to our personality-filled team.
Job Type: Full-time
Apply via the email address provided below.