At Island Creek Oysters we grow thriving coastal communities in New England and beyond. Through innovation and education, we create opportunities to connect people with groundbreaking seafood products and experiences.
The Winsor House is an exciting restaurant furthering the Island Creek guest experience and community growth at our farm and HQ on the Duxbury waterfront. This restaurant team works with world-class seafood, local purveyors and the ICO team to create a one of a kind restaurant. We work hard, we value one another, we hang out, we dig deep, we do what we love–we have FUN.
The Winsor House captures the Best of both Worlds: City-level restaurant on the coast, 45 mins outside the city
All ICO team members have access to great pay, onsite parking, free oysters, and merch. We offer full time and part time schedules, great benefits packages for full time staff, and the opportunity to grow professionally in the ICO community.
Servers at ICO join our community of professionals excited about oysters, meeting great people and working in a relaxed hospitality atmosphere.
- Guide guest experiences, from start to finish, taking guest orders, serving food and drink and enthusiastically representing ICO
- Seek meaningful connection with guests
- Use Toast point of sale system in a timely and consistent manner for all guest orders
- Execute Winsor House steps of service, providing glassware, plateware and all other items
- Comprehensive knowledge of food menus, wine by the glass, beer, and cocktails
- Commitment to building knowledge of wine, beer, and spirits
- Support all facets of service, including takeout, patio service + private events
- Help pre-set, maintain and clean the Winsor House during service
- Assist with opening and closing restaurant duties and re-stocking
- Store beverage and restaurant supplies in an organized and thoughtful way
- Communicate with management on guest experiences, both positive and negative
- Develop initiatives to continually create repeat guests, as well as recover guest experiences
- Maintain a safe and organized work space, including service stations, prep stations and host stand
- Responsibly serve alcohol, checking IDs & make informed, smart decisions on when to serve guests
- Assist other areas of the restaurant as necessary
- Ability to work independently
- Availability to work flexible shifts
- A friendly and hospitality driven personality
- Shucking skills a plus
- Previous restaurant or hospitality experience appreciated
Representative of those met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing this job, the employee is regularly required to:
- Stand for the entirety of an 8-hour shift
- Lift and transport items in excess of 50 lbs
- Frequently kneel, bend over, lift items above head, work in small or cramped spaces
- Work quickly and safely in stressful circumstances
TO APPLY: Please email resumé to the email address below with “Server, Winsor House” as the subject line.