The Tavern at Granite Links is committed to delivering quality products, services and creating a truly memorable guest experience. The Tavern is one of multiple restaurants located at Granite Links. The Crossing 9’s is located alongside our driving range offering indoor and outdoor dinning with multiple bars it offers an alternative dinning experience that becomes more and more popular with each season. Granite Links is also home to the area’s most coveted event spaces and to 27 holes of championship golf.
The Tavern is looking to add a talented, creative, motivated, and experienced Sous Chef to assist our Executive Sous Chef as we expand our culinary team. The position offers a competitive wage (based on experience and culinary knowledge), a performance-based year’s end bonus, paid vacation after a year, and plenty of room for growth within the company as we are just one of many entities in an expanding restaurant group.
The Restaurant Sous Chef reports to the Restaurant Executive Chef and assists the Executive Sous Chef in overseeing the restaurant’s day-to-day culinary operations.
- Organizes kitchen preparations, creating lists, policies, and procedures.
- Manages restaurant culinary staff.
- Assumes role of Executive Chef, as needed.
- Ensures quality and output consistency align with standards of the facility.
- Orders products, as needed.
- Monitors inventory.
- Serves as Expeditor (Expo), arranging tickets, calling orders, and ensuring orders are complete and adhere to facility standards.
- Assists line cooks, as needed.
- Monitors labor costs, making staff cuts when necessary.
- Performs other duties and tasks, as needed.
- Enforces safety and sanitation policies, as well as all other company policies and procedures.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in a high-volume, fast-paced kitchen.
- Culinary degree or equivalent experience.
- ServSafe Manager Food Safety Certification.
- Strong leadership skills, with the ability to train and instruct.
- Ability to lead and problem solve under pressure.
- Flexibility; working varying shifts including evenings, weekends and holidays, as needed.
- Commitment to customer satisfaction and a guest-focused attitude.
- Organization and attention to detail.
- Strong verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Proficiency in the use of computers for word processing, data entry, email and other basic administrative functions, with the ability to learn to use any software which may be used at the facility.
To apply, please send your resume to the email provided below.