Who The State Room is:
They are fueled by a passion for difference, service excellence & your happiness. They have fun, they work hard and they are innovative.
POSITION TITLE: Venue Manager + Assistant Venue Manager
DIRECT SUPERVISOR: Director of Venue Operations/Executive Team
RESPONSIBILITIES: Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Lead staff by setting the example, exhibiting the highest of uniform and service standards, grace under pressure, positive attitude, and professional demeanor at all times
• Hiring, training and development of all line staff and housemen
• Complete timely and accurate payroll
• Create weekly schedules according to staffing and labor cost guidelines
• Manage timekeeping system for all overtime, edits, employee changes and weekly reports
• Maintain and control parking areas (based on venue needs) cleanliness; plowing, valet, offsite parking, overflow, vouchers
• Ensure functions spaces are maintained with highest standards of cleanliness and ambiance at all times (temperature, lighting, etc.) through opening and closing procedures
• Maintain proper levels of all operating supplies, including uniforms
• Complete inventory: beverage, china, glass, flatware, dry goods, paper supplies, equipment etc.
• Run all BEO meetings in 30 minutes or less. Review all BEOs, Change Logs; prior to BEO meeting.
• Complete weekly ordering and invoicing of all beverage and linen needs per event order
• Oversee events per the BEO, create event service plans, greet clients and direct line staff and houseman (SOP)
• Update all employee communication boards and BEO boards
• Follow up on special vendor and guest requests
• Complete and perform cash bar bank deposits, bank drops, change order, bar banks
• Schedule and manage facility space maintenance – event security, HVAC, trash, elevator usage (venue specific)
• Effectively collaborate between departments to ensure a positive experience for guests and employees
• Financially responsible for venue. Responsible to report on budgeting and revenue analysis as well as maintaining labor, beverage costs and additional operations lines monthly.
• Responsible for all monthly profit and loss analysis statements; reviewing all GL items to ensure proper coding.
• Hire, develop and oversee assistant venue managers including scheduling and mentoring.
• Responsible to deliver reviews to managers and eligible employees
• Directly responsible to properly sign off on all invoices, operating expenses as well as capital expenditures.
• Complete understanding of Longwood Beverage Program; Brands, Pricing, Inventory, Requisitions, Special Requests, Costing and Securing.
• Execute Longwood Guidelines and SOP 100%. (Tastings, Uniform Policy, Capital Planning, BEO Distribution and Change Log, Menu Signage etc)
At least 5 years of venue/ banquet manager or food and beverage management experience
Effective leadership and collaboration skills as a department head
• Proficient in Computer skills – Microsoft Office
• Require availability to work flexible hours and weekends
• Exceptional organizational, multi-tasking, written & verbal communication skills
• Collaborate with all departments and foster team environment