The Salty Pig is currently hiring a sous chef. The Salty Pig is a busy restaurant focused on charcuterie, house made pastas and pizzas, with a great beer selection, old world wines, and a small but creative cocktail list. They offer a challenging and supportive environment. They are a scratch kitchen, priding themselves on local, seasonal ingredients. Candidates should be hardworking and motivated with a desire to learn and grow. Experience in cooking pizzas and pastas is a plus, but not required.
The SOUS CHEF will support the Executive Chef in day-to-day operations of the kitchen.
Other requirements for this position include:
- A heightened sense of urgency, organization, and resilience under pressure.
- An ability to work with others and to be a leader.
- At least 5 years of cooking experience and 2 years of management experience is highly preferred.
- Basic computer skills and a basic understanding of ordering, scheduling, and managing costs.
- An understanding of proper and safe food handling and the ability to set an example in this field. Servsafe Certification is highly recommended.
The SOUS CHEF position is a full time salaried position which includes benefits including insurance, paid vacation, paid sick time and more. Compensation is based on experience.
To apply, email your resume and an introduction about yourself to the email address below.